PDA

View Full Version : Skinny Soy Caramel Ubuntu

jeremy
March 18th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Apparently I am a "Skinny Soy Caramel Ubuntu", what should I make of this?

nrwilk
March 18th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Yummy! :D ;)

kassetra
March 18th, 2006, 08:24 AM

Nothing. It's just fun. :) Fun titles, fun images. :)

akiro.yamamoto
March 18th, 2006, 08:46 AM
And Apparently I'm
An Extra Shot !!! :)
Well at least right now ;)

bjweeks
March 18th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I'm still way to much ubuntu :( :(

K.Mandla
March 18th, 2006, 09:26 AM
It means you're intended for the lactose intolerant. :rolleyes:

manicka
March 18th, 2006, 09:54 AM
It means you're intended for the lactose intolerant. :rolleyes:
lol

klahjn
March 18th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Apparently I like beans.....and have a caffeine problem? Hopefully they mean coffee beans or you guys are in some serious trouble (smellwise)

fuscia
March 18th, 2006, 03:37 PM
which one of you fruitloops is behind this whole coffee bean thing?

Perfect Storm
March 18th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Ubuntu Master Roaster here :cool:

The champ :mrgreen:

which one of you fruitloops is behind this whole coffee bean thing?

It's Kass, if it was me they'll be alot worse, hehehe ^^

Master Shake
March 18th, 2006, 04:13 PM
What the heck am I?

Oh. A Carafe..

I don't like coffee. Can I be a Hot Green Tea?

Perfect Storm
March 18th, 2006, 05:21 PM
What the heck am I?

Oh. A Carafe..

I don't like coffee. Can I be a Hot Green Tea?

http://www.imageviper.com/displayimage/30097/0/havaUbuntu.jpg

Sorry :mrgreen:

majikstreet
March 18th, 2006, 05:31 PM
I'm dipped in ubuntu :D

sapo
March 18th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Lets see what i am... hum...

Dark Roasted pwnz!

Lovechild
March 18th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Why can't mine read "Wearing his fedora on a slant", sounds much cooler than Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu

mcduck
March 18th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I'm "Half-Shot Low Foam Ubuntu"? Souns a bit depressing :(

jeremy
March 18th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Well, I never expected to see so many posts in this thread!

I live in Spain, where coffee is very much a part of life. The basic choice in a café here is café solo (small, black and strong), cortado (solo with a dash of milk) or con leche (50/50 coffee and milk). On a recent visit to London I found myself in need of a coffee at Victoria station, so I went into an example of some large north american chain (I don't want to advertise it's name as their fare wasn't open source!) and asked for a coffee with a dash of milk. The young lady behind the counter was obviously not trained (or maybe not allowed) to improvise, and reeled off what appeared to be a speech in Italian (delivered in a russian accent), but turned out to be a list of the coffees that I would be allowed to chose from. Eventually a kind fellow customer came to my aid, and advised me as to which of the offerings was closest to 'a coffee with a dash of milk' (I was hoping for an approximation of the Spanish cortado). After parting with a large amount of that funny money that they still insist on using in the UK, I was given what I would describe as being alarmingly akin to a pint of hot chocolate milkshake! I will not be returning to that establishment.

By the way, I may be referred to as a skinny caramel wotsit here, but my real friends, as opposed to you wonderful bunch of virtual pals, consider me to be pale and close to being very slightly overweight.

nrwilk
March 18th, 2006, 11:38 PM
I can't stand the way Americans make coffee. We might as well drink water. You cannot get a good coffee at a restaurant here. Good coffee is dark. I don't want to be able to see half-way down the mug through it, let alone be able to see the bottom of the mug.

Even when visiting my family, I cannot persuade them that putting any more than 4 cups of water into the coffee machine makes weak coffee and is a waste. They insist that each pot must have at least 10 cups of coffee, in order for everyone to have some. What's the point of even drinking coffee if it's going to be that watery? I just don't get it.

I know I'm talking about a different style of coffee than you, jeremy. But, I don't have the money to buy espresso every day, and espresso machines are even more expensive. I do splurge and buy myself a nice triple shot about once a week, though. \\:D/

mstlyevil
March 19th, 2006, 12:48 AM
I can't stand the way Americans make coffee. We might as well drink water. You cannot get a good coffee at a restaurant here. Good coffee is dark. I don't want to be able to see half-way down the mug through it, let alone be able to see the bottom of the mug.

Even when visiting my family, I cannot persuade them that putting any more than 4 cups of water into the coffee machine makes weak coffee and is a waste. They insist that each pot must have at least 10 cups of coffee, in order for everyone to have some. What's the point of even drinking coffee if it's going to be that watery? I just don't get it.

I know I'm talking about a different style of coffee than you, jeremy. But, I don't have the money to buy espresso every day, and espresso machines are even more expensive. I do splurge and buy myself a nice triple shot about once a week, though. \\:D/

I like my coffee to stick to the cup when I turn it upside down. Is that thick enough?

arctic
March 19th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Hmm... I'd like to have a "cortado" now. My favourite coffee. :)

clemcat
March 19th, 2006, 03:00 AM
The best coffee IMO is what i dub "Army Coffee". The decanter has been used at minimum 100 kajillion times, and the water that is added to the grounds has a bit of dirt and some other unidentifiable solid substance in it. The key to the coffee is the fact that it must sit in the decanter ALL day, letting most of the water evaporate and leaving a muddy burnt liquid in the bottom. Typically this coffee will keep you alert for guard duty for about five days!

nrwilk
March 19th, 2006, 03:02 AM
I like my coffee to stick to the cup when I turn it upside down. Is that thick enough?
There you go! Now, if only one could eat at a nice restaurant and order such coffee... :roll:

jeremy
April 24th, 2006, 11:28 AM
STOP PRESS!

I am no longer a skinny caramel wotsit, I now have a drip!

Whatever will become of me?

nrwilk
April 24th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Whatever will become of me?
It's a horrible, deadly circle, this...

:p :D

Iandefor
April 24th, 2006, 04:07 PM
STOP PRESS!

I am no longer a skinny caramel wotsit, I now have a drip!

Whatever will become of me? You'll become addicted.

Sweet! I'm a Quad Shot! I can't wait until I'm a Dopio Rostretto!

VoiceOvGod
April 25th, 2006, 08:28 PM
I wonder if there is a "Ubuntu and Latte lovechild" title.

dai
May 18th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I "spilled the beans".

I enjoy the semi random nature of these statements, but I'm concerned that I've pissed someone off.

Have I?

christhemonkey
May 18th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Dont think you have.
Im a half shot low foam, but yet;

I dont like _*Coffee*_!

Much prefer a nice cup of tea.
Mmmmmmm, going to go make some now.
Anyone want any?

kassetra
May 18th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I "spilled the beans".

I enjoy the semi random nature of these statements, but I'm concerned that I've pissed someone off.

Have I?

nope. you've just spilled the beans about ubuntu.

nyuk nyuk nyuk. :p

dai
May 18th, 2006, 07:47 PM
nope. you've just spilled the beans about ubuntu.

*drum roll*

*hi-hat*

:-) Got my t-shirt in the post today, so will be doing plenty more of that.