PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to 10.04rc from beta1?

cdude42
April 26th, 2010, 04:06 PM
hey its probably a stupid question and all, but i installed 10.04 beta1 and now i want to upgrade to the release candidate, so how do i do this, or do i just need to wait until the final release

CLEARviewF
April 26th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Hey!
There are hundreds of posts about the same fu... question. Please take a little of your time to check if your question is already in the forums.
In fact, if you have Lucid, whatever alpha, beta, teta, gamma, or whatever, you DO NOT NEED to do anything but just:
#sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

You already have Lucid, just need to update your system.
and you will have the RC, and, at the time Lucid were out with the final official version, in the same way you will have that one.

bye.

beta.tester
April 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM
hey its probably a stupid question and all, but i installed 10.04 beta1 and now i want to upgrade to the release candidate, so how do i do this, or do i just need to wait until the final release

Hi

Not a silly questions, we are all learning together :)

Keep applying the updates and you will have the RC version. Keep on till the Full release and that is what you will have :)

Keep on Ubuntuing, john

ps good idea to read all the other questions as it helps to learn and possibly not repeat too often the same question :)

ken78724
April 26th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hi, I read all the posts and came here, where I learned an update option not posted in others work. Thanks to all from a new almost 71 year old 2nd time grand daddy of Tiago -- 6 days old.

beta.tester
April 26th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Hi, I read all the posts and came here, where I learned an update option not posted in others work. Thanks to all from a new almost 71 year old 2nd time grand daddy of Tiago -- 6 days old.

Welcome

Many congratulations from a 63 year young grandad also ;)

keep on Ubuntuing, john