PDA

View Full Version : Simple HTML problem. Need help ASAP.

jasperyate
April 26th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I know next to nothing about html.

I'd like to create a very simple email template that will contain the text of a word document. I simply want the text to appear exactly as it does in the word document, centered in an email.

I'm convinced this is very simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. i'd really like to have a sort of plug-and-play code to just stick the text in and have it work if someone knows where i can find that, i dont (i wish i did) have the time to learn all the bits to put it together...

i appreciate any help, links to pages about this specifically. cheers.

lisati
April 26th, 2010, 06:24 AM
There are options.

Which email client are you using? I think Thunderbird has an option where you can write a new email and then save it as a template.

Another option is to use something like Open Office Writer or Kompozer (http://www.kompozer.net/), and save a document as an HTML file which you can later add as an attachment or signature. (Kompozer can be installed via the Software Center)

jasperyate
April 26th, 2010, 01:33 PM
i gave it a try. no dice.. the text just formats to the size of the screen like always. thanks though.. i want the paragraphs to appear exactly like they do in the word document, as if i just took a picture of the document and put it in an email - like its an 8 1/2x11 piece of paper just slapped right into the middle of the email, lots of white space on either side of the text...