PDA

View Full Version : Brain faster than forum posts?

Lightstar
April 26th, 2010, 04:43 AM
So... sometimes I feel that I'm too much on these forums, and that the posting isn't fast enough to keep me entertained.
I have to stop refreshing the page for 10 minutes, let the suspense and excitement climb until I refresh the ubuntu forum and read new posts!!11!!!111!

Anyone else here read posts faster than they are written?
Is it addiction? Can I go insane yet? I think delusion would be nice to have.

I will run in circle for the next 10 minutes before checking the forums again.

Oh.. on a side note, I updated my video card's bios last night (yeah that's right, bios, firmware, not the drivers) Bad idea, I spent 6 hours trying to fix it. It could have taken 30 minutes if I had any VISUALS! but since my motherboard doesn't have on-board video, I had to type commands blindly, all I could see was %%**çç3355%%%??!!11qçèå everywhere on the screen. 6 HOURS! I was ready to just get a new video card, but I fixed it! That's my best, and worst, success!
I learned my lesson, no bios flashing, even if it's very old.

Chronon
April 26th, 2010, 04:51 AM
It does sound like you have a bit of a habit. Maybe going outside or reading a book would be good for you.

Lightstar
April 26th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Haha yeah, don't worry it's an evening type of thing, I'm pretty active in daytime: work, sports (oh hey I'm doing a dragonboat race in the summer, that will be great)

I also just finished reading a book, The Tao of Pooh, it's cute, interesting book.

I guess I just have time to kill before bed time, and that's what kills me.

I could load up windows and play a game.. but.. ya know..

lisati
April 26th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Having a break is always good. Mrs Lisati doesn't let me spend all day with my "second wife" and sometimes other things from real life provide distractions that can clear the mind. :)

madjr
April 26th, 2010, 06:22 AM
same happens here, but i usually post new stuff when things get slow, instead of just waiting :)

koleoptero
April 26th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Try to keep up with new posts in the absolute beginners place. It's insane.

Lightstar
April 26th, 2010, 08:05 AM
same happens here, but i usually post new stuff when things get slow, instead of just waiting :)

I tried doing that with this thread! But I can't come up with catchy phrases like "I got a cookie" and stuff

Try to keep up with new posts in the absolute beginners place. It's insane.

Good idea, and I might actually be able to help a bit there! Yay beginners here I come... tomorrow.. maybe.

fatality_uk
April 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Having a break is always good. Mrs Lisati doesn't let me spend all day with my "second wife" and sometimes other things from real life provide distractions that can clear the mind. :)

The same with Mrs. Fatality!!! The phrase "You are always on that bl**dy thing" has entered the vocabulary of our household on more than one occasion.

Ironic that now we have faster broadband an www.onet.pl loads almost instantly, I hardly see her!!! I guess Karma is a cruel mistress?

As with others, I would advise checking into the "real world" often. It's all too easy to get sucked into checking forums/usenets/IRC etc.