PDA

View Full Version : Sprint subscribers: what phone?

standingwave
April 25th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Or should I wait? I'm not a big phone guy and my current phone is an ancient Samsung A620. But the microphone is dying.

I was sold on the Hero until I read some reviews... I get the impression that they're pushing the hardware a little to hard resulting in sluggish behavior at times. Touch? Palm Pre?

kavon89
April 25th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Don't waste your time with Palm anything, they're going out of business for a reason.

I recommend looking into Android phones. HTC Hero or wait until the HTC EVO is out. You could also look into the Nexus One's Sprint compatible version, but I've researched the N1 and read some complaints on their official forum about signal issues etc, and I was dumping by blackberry and T-Mobile for that very reason... So I went with the Droid.

It all depends on what you plan to use it for. I send texts & emails often so I like the flexibility of the physical or virtual keyboard on the Droid. I haven't spent much time looking around for apps but I've found a couple handy ones and there are thousands added every month. Can't comment on the game selection because I'm not a gamer.

Also, I've found the virtual keyboard on Android to be overall fantastic, so don't worry about not having a physical one.

Another Also: The Hero seems to have similar tech specs as the Droid and from personal experience, it's fast enough. I've never had noticeable lag and the web browser renders pages and scrolls through them just fine.

standingwave
April 25th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I recommend looking into Android phones. HTC Hero or wait until the HTC EVO is out. .Thanks, I will probably wait for EVO.

tubezninja
April 26th, 2010, 12:52 AM
I recommend looking into Android phones. HTC Hero or wait until the HTC EVO is out. You could also look into the Nexus One's Sprint compatible version, but I've researched the N1 and read some complaints on their official forum about signal issues etc, and I was dumping by blackberry and T-Mobile for that very reason... So I went with the Droid.

Just FYI: the RF complaints regarding the Nexus One are based on the GSM/HSPA radio fitted to the T-Mobile and GSM unlocked versions. The CDMA (Sprint-compatible) version will run on different frequencies and, no doubt, use a completely different radio. This means the phone may behave completely differently from the inferior performance of the first version.

Dougie187
April 26th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Thanks, I will probably wait for EVO.

This is a good choice. The EVO looks amazing.

Though my brother has a Hero and he loves it. And I think the Moment looks pretty cool too. Any of them should be good.

sudoer541
April 26th, 2010, 01:54 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! My brother just called me from Toronto and he said that there is a new mobile provider (WIND Mobile) and they are very good!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Torontonians are VERY LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:):P....AAAAAAWWWWWW!!!:):P:P:P:P

EDIT::: OOOPPSSS!!! I just realized that we are talking bout an american Mobile provider...sorryyyyyyyy!!!!!!):P

standingwave
April 26th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Though my brother has a Hero and he loves it. .I see that Sprint is offering the Hero for $99 (after rebate) so it has that going for it, I suppose. I just hate rebates.