PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to limit de number of proposed languages for spell checking

vmalep
April 24th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Hi everybody,

On my Ubuntu system, I have three dictionaries installed: English, French and Spanish.

However, when I want to select one of them (for example in Firefox or OpenOffice.org, the list of possible languages is huge because every variant is listed: USA or GB English, French, Canadian or Belgian French, Spanish of whatever Spanish speaking countries, ...

I would like to limit this list to three: English from GB, French from France and Spanish from Spain.

Is this possible (I guess yes) and how?

Thanks for your support!
Pierre

Hagar Delest
April 24th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Not possible AFAIK. You can remove the blue checkmark (with OOo) if you want to remove for example the Belgian, Swiss, ... flavors of the French dictionary but you can't remove all the unused entries of the lists.

Note that the list behaves as you want in the spell checking dialog (F7). So you can ask for a similar behavior in all the other lists also: [Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions (http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13490).