PDA

View Full Version : altec lansing vs harman kardon

c00lwaterz
April 24th, 2010, 04:38 AM
I just want to know which is better in quality and sound of the two brand. I have altec lansing that it's really good and on the other side, I heard that harman kardon have also good reviews.

what do you think?

madjr
April 24th, 2010, 10:39 AM
hm nevar heard of the second 1

Swagman
April 24th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Harman Kardon have a serious audio pedigree.

Altec Lansing ? Well I bought some el cheapo Altec stuff and ... it does the job (just) and that's about it !!

re: Harman Kardon.. Remember when the film "Earthquake" was released... It was in cinemas especially equipped with HK sound systems. "Sensurround" Is what they called it.

c00lwaterz
April 24th, 2010, 10:48 AM
so which is better quality sound? the brand harman kardon or altec lansing? is it expensive than altec?

Khakilang
April 24th, 2010, 11:25 AM
The quality of sound is a matter of taste for one and also the type of sound card that can take full advantage of the speaker.

cascade9
April 24th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Harman Kardon have a serious audio pedigree.

Altec Lansing ? Well I bought some el cheapo Altec stuff and ... it does the job (just) and that's about it !!

re: Harman Kardon.. Remember when the film "Earthquake" was released... It was in cinemas especially equipped with HK sound systems. "Sensurround" Is what they called it.

They might have pedigree- but IIRC the 'Harman Kardon sound stick II' is made by JBL, not Harman Kardon. Badge engineering is sometime that always worries me.

I've heard a set of them, and while they werent bad at all, they werent amazing either.....

From what I've heard, the similar priced Altec Lansing MX6021Ais comparable to the Harman Kardon Sound Stick II. IIRC, The altecs are louder, and have better base response, the harman has better treble. I've never been able to compare them directly though.

*Edit- didnt vote on the poll because it is a bit to broad. Needs a 'you get what you pay for' option....of course a $200 harman setup will sound better that a $30 altec.