PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot install Ubuntu 9.10 or 10.04

kx60dude
April 23rd, 2010, 11:58 PM
Hi, ive been having this problem while installing both versions of ubuntu.

When i insert the disk i burned for ubuntu it starts up, showing the loading screen, etc.

But about half way through it turns off my monitor, and just says 'No signal' on my old monitor and my Vizio TV.

Both 9.10, 10.04 32 bit work on my other Intel PC's with intel graphics cards.

The computer im having problems with is using a Nvidia graphics card and a AMD processor.

ive searched all over and no one seems to have this problem :X

also Zorin OS (Based on ubuntu 9.10) works on the PC but ubuntu doesn't

Anyone have an idea of why it's not working?

EDIT:
i tried using the Safe Graphics Mode and still didn't work, ive also tried using Wubi.... and still no luck..

But Zorin OS still seems to work fine even though it's the same thing Lol, is there any program that it might have thats making it work?

Everything seems to work fine on my Intel computers

Thanks

avtolle
April 24th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Best guess is a graphics conflict (w/the Nvidia card). Have you tried to install in safe graphics mode (cannot recall, think it is under F6 at the main menu) or d/l the alternate install cd (doesn't use the graphical installer, thus avoiding the problem if graphics related)?

EDIT: http://www.ubuntu.com/GetUbuntu/download under big green button is link to click for 9.10 alternate.

kx60dude
April 24th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I tried that, also tried Wubi and no luck :(

Thanks though :)

kx60dude
May 9th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Ok i finally got it fixed, it turns out that my old graphics card was bad :P i got my new 512mb and it works perfectly.