PDA

View Full Version : Official Ubuntu CDs For the cost of a stamp and an Envelope

beardo2
March 17th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Yes, I have some ubuntu discs available to whoever wants them (in the UK). I can't pay the postage for you or give you a jiffy bag for nothing.

I have x86, amd64 and mac versions available.

You have 2 options;

1. Go to http://www.tuxdiscs.com and click the link referring to ubuntu discs on the homepage.

2. Send a self addressed and stamped envelope (big enough to fit the discs in!) to me and I will send you a set for nothing. The postal address is on the contact page on the above website.

If selecting option 2, please pm me before so that I can makesure I have enough discs for you before you send your envelope.

I trust this post will not unsettle anybody like my previous jailed post did!

Thank you for your time and good day!

Vince

jr.gotti
March 17th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Why would people pay you when they can get them free from Ubuntu's main page?

beardo
March 17th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Doh.

I am not being paid, c'mon I am asking people to cover the postage cost only!

I am giving up my time and energy to do it.

I am aware people know they can get the discs free on ship it, but some people are impatient and don't want to wait.

You seem to be making out that I am trying to profiteer from this. I don't think so buddy - do the math! Option 1 and 2 both cost me time and enery for zero profit.

In actual fact... I am starting to wish I never bothered offering to do this.

mstlyevil
March 18th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Why would people pay you when they can get them free from Ubuntu's main page?

Many people would pay postage to get a copy in a few days instead of a month or more. It is not unreasonable to ask for postage to ship you a official Ubuntu CD. In fact there are companies out there that press their own Ubuntu CD's and sell them for a profit for that very reason. I think this is a great value for those that live in the UK.

Felix21685
April 1st, 2006, 08:47 AM
its legal to make ur own ubuntu cds and sell them ? sounds odd..

3rdalbum
April 3rd, 2006, 08:41 AM
its legal to make ur own ubuntu cds and sell them ? sounds odd..

"Legally free to copy, modify and redistribute".

In other words, it's legal to sell Ubuntu CDs.

nocturn
April 3rd, 2006, 09:07 AM
In actual fact... I am starting to wish I never bothered offering to do this.

Don't feel this way. I feel your offer is very valuable and not very different from what I'd do.