PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 900

sn0m
April 23rd, 2010, 07:33 PM
Gentelman on a possesion of Nokia 900.
I've a question. I understands maemo is based on linux, so does it come with a memory card, if so, can you format it to ext4 or ntfs.
I have a nokia 5800 running symbian 60 and memory card is format to vfat. I tried to change it to ntfs but it went completely loopy, so reformated it back to vfat.
Obviously I am having great fun rsyncing it with my lap top.
If N900 supports ntfs or ext4, that will be anothr reason for me to buy it.
Thanks and happy st george's day
Sokol

red_Marvin
April 23rd, 2010, 08:14 PM
Ext4; possibly, ntfs on the other hand is probably not the best idea with any linux device...

gnomeuser
April 23rd, 2010, 11:32 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900#Storage

I own one but I haven't tried reformatting the internal storage. I guess I could do it to test during the weekend. Regardless till MeeGo arrives the true support status might be different. E.g. they are aiming to use btrfs as far as I can tell.

sn0m
April 24th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks mate.
I really appreciate if you could shed some more light on the subject.
All I want to do is rsync the content of storage in mob phone with my lap-top. Sometimes I do work on my laptop and want it to rsync with mob phone, sometime I will work with the files on the mob phone and would like to mirror them in my laptop when I connect it. So I want my work files to be exactly the same in my lapt-top as well as in my phone, regardless where I last modified them.
The trouble with vfat is that it is too rudimentary to work with rsync, something to do with time stamps I've been told.
So I will appreciate your help.
Thanks
Sokol

gnomeuser
April 24th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks mate.
I really appreciate if you could shed some more light on the subject.
All I want to do is rsync the content of storage in mob phone with my lap-top. Sometimes I do work on my laptop and want it to rsync with mob phone, sometime I will work with the files on the mob phone and would like to mirror them in my laptop when I connect it. So I want my work files to be exactly the same in my lapt-top as well as in my phone, regardless where I last modified them.
The trouble with vfat is that it is too rudimentary to work with rsync, something to do with time stamps I've been told.
So I will appreciate your help.
Thanks
Sokol

Okay, poke me via PM Sunday or Monday so I will remember to do this. Sadly today I am busy.