PDA

View Full Version : Indian Copyright Proposals are Un-American

ssj6akshat
April 23rd, 2010, 08:20 AM
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/04/indias-copyright-proposals-are-un-american-and-thats-bad.ars

They want that the draft law 'bypassing DRM "with the intention of infringing" copyright is illegal, but if there's no intent to infringe, it's ok' Changed,what's wrong with this?and India makes most of it's entertainment on it's own,then why are MPAA/RIAA etc. poking their nose where it doesn't matter:confused:.

Seriously !@#$%^#$#^&*!#@$#$&*)_)_$!@#$@#&^(you know what that means,Don't ask me)

tom66
April 23rd, 2010, 08:24 AM
Because India has 1 billion people and that's a lot of dollars for the MPAA/RIAA. Can't think why they'd want to listen to some of the crappy pop music (which, afaik, is the most downloaded stuff) we have right now, though.

Viva
April 23rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
Because India has 1 billion people and that's a lot of dollars for the MPAA/RIAA. Can't think why they'd want to listen to some of the crappy pop music (which, afaik, is the most downloaded stuff) we have right now, though.

The upper-middle class are obsessed with western culture here in India.

mickie.kext
April 23rd, 2010, 11:50 AM
Because MAFIA want to rule the world. No matter who makes music. You have to pay to them even if you are listening the wind.

</rant>

reyfer
April 23rd, 2010, 01:15 PM
American companies trying to make rules for other countries......and then americans are surprised most of the world doesn't like them

phrostbyte
April 23rd, 2010, 04:58 PM
American companies trying to make rules for other countries......and then americans are surprised most of the world doesn't like them

Americans really have little to no control over what these giant extra-judicial companies do.

LowSky
April 23rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
this thread is going to get closed real quick... politics are not allowed in the forums

America is an Empire, but instead of conquering with guns (most of the time) we conquer with goods and services. And if you still want those things our companies will want to make sure their profits are protected.

era86
April 23rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
this thread is going to get closed real quick... politics are not allowed in the forums

America is an Empire, but instead of conquering with guns (most of the time) we conquer with goods and services. And if you still want those things our companies will want to make sure their profits are protected.

Goods and services? I am under the impression that America is a country of consumers, not producers.

Bye bye thread! :popcorn:

Grenage
April 23rd, 2010, 05:27 PM
bypassing DRM with the intention of infringing copyright is illegal, but if there's no intent to infringe, it's ok

My my, that almost sounds like sane, grounded, common sense.

phrostbyte
April 23rd, 2010, 05:45 PM

Yes, it makes you wonder what the IIPA's intentions truly are.

ve4cib
April 23rd, 2010, 05:45 PM

Agreed. It even sounds surprisingly similar to a lot of other countries' laws. In Canada for instance (as far as I am aware) it's fine to bypass DRM for the purposes of research, and for personal use & backup. Without that legal ability I would have no way of playing encrypted DVDs while using Linux (via libdvdcss).

DRM is just generally a nuisance and should go away. It doesn't actually stop piracy (as India clearly demonstrates) and it just annoys personal users who are locked-out of the ability to use media they legally however they wish for their own private enjoyment.

MaxIBoy
April 23rd, 2010, 10:14 PM
Although the MAFIA can expect to get millions of dollars for a lawsuit, it's still probably not profitable. So their new business plan (litigation) is really going to finish them off. Can't wait. :)