PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] building business web site what to use?

northwestuntu
April 22nd, 2010, 12:09 PM
looking for suggestions on what format to use to build a basic business web site.

ive been thinking about

joomla
drupal
wordpress
just regular html.

the web site will just have basic info nothing crazy.

any suggestions?

lovinglinux
April 22nd, 2010, 06:19 PM
I have been using Joomla for years and I think is the best CMS, but if you don't need a powerful site, then Wordpress would be a better option. I recently switched my site to Wordpress from Jommla and I couldn't be happier. It is a lot easier to maintain and has some really nice plugins.

2hot6ft2
April 22nd, 2010, 06:51 PM
WordPress is great. Forget about old school html web page creation. I haven't used the others.

Kellemora
April 23rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
I know nothing about the others, but we tried WordPress and every time we would have everything running smoothly and displaying properly, they would change something about their templates and mess everything up again.
SOOOoooooo, we abandoned that web site and started up using our own html/css etc.

TTUL
Gary

jbiggs12
April 23rd, 2010, 07:01 PM
I've used Joomla for a while, but I found that I really didn't like it because it was so incredibly bulky and page loads were really slow when compared to good ol' html. If you're one for WYSIWYG, I'd go for WordPress, or if you're interested in a WYSIWYG html editor, I'd take a look at nvu.

@rizz
April 23rd, 2010, 07:17 PM
Well you said that you are looking to build a basic webite so i suggest that you get an IDE like bluefish of aptana and build your pages with XHTML and CSS. Let me say that the editors that i mentioned will help u build your site in time and you wont have to type too much the editors take care of that. So get cracking!!! Best of luck!