PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] seeking KUBUNTU list of packages

SaintDanBert
April 21st, 2010, 11:06 PM
I easily found pages that list the various packages that are part of Ubuntu -- specifically, Jaunty (v9.04). Where do I find the list of packages that are part of the Kubuntu distro that is based upon Jaunty?

~~~ 0;-Dan

cuberts
April 21st, 2010, 11:10 PM
I easily found pages that list the various packages that are part of Ubuntu -- specifically, Jaunty (v9.04). Where do I find the list of packages that are part of the Kubuntu distro that is based upon Jaunty?

~~~ 0;-Danaha you can find that in the Kubuntu software center. Apps>software center

SaintDanBert
April 22nd, 2010, 03:52 AM
Yo Ho!!

That requires that you have Kubuntu installed. I don't.

I want to learn things from the distro "lists"

the different desktop applications available in each
the dirrernet desktop manager parts in each

The bottom line is that I'm doing this BEFORE I install the distro.

~~~ 0;-Dan

shaka_zulu
April 22nd, 2010, 12:14 PM
You have to install Kubuntu and i am not sure but i think that instead of installing Kubuntu you may install KDE only. I think that it will bring you Kubuntu source list.

SaintDanBert
April 22nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
Ubuntu: 1
Kubuntu: 0

I can pick up any package of food and many other product packages and read the "package contents". Ubuntu lets me read the "list of packages" before I download the distro. Kubuntu might wake and smell the roses, coffee, tea leaves, ...

As a minimum they could start with the Ubuntu list of packages http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/net/ ... remove what they don't use ... add KDE ... add application that they use ... tinker until it reflects what is in the Kubuntu ISO file. Oh! Then do it again for the amd64 variant.

Cheers,
~~~ 0;-Dan

~~~ 0;-Dan

shaka_zulu
April 22nd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Kill me if i understand you :D

SaintDanBert
April 23rd, 2010, 08:23 PM
I want to review the list of packages that ship with Kubuntu (vXXXXX)
and compare that with the list of packages that ship with Ubuntu (vXXXXX). I don't want to install either distro first.

Ubuntu has a convenient page with such a list.
Apparently Kubuntu does not ... unless someone here can tell me where to find it.

That is all I'm asking.
~~~ 0;-Dan