PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] How do I change the sources that aren't in sources.list?

Phyxiis
April 21st, 2010, 02:21 PM
My title pretty much explains it.

I am running Jolicloud on my netbook (which I believe is an Ubuntu derivative) and I am tried to enter the getdeb.net sources in so I can install apps from the website through APT but

1) When I entered the sources into sources.list and then the key into Terminal and then went to the site and tried to install an app it didn't work.

2) I deleted the line of code in the sources.list file and when I opened terminal and entered "sudo apt-get update" it showed the list of sources, but on the list were Getdeb.net sources.

My question is how do I delete sources that aren't in /etc/apt/sources.list ?

drs305
April 21st, 2010, 02:24 PM
Some repositories are entered into the /etc/apt/sources.list.d folder. Check to see if the repository is listed in that folder.

They may also be listed in Synaptic's "Other Software" tab (System, Administration, Synaptic. Settings, Repositories, Other Software tab).

sisco311
April 21st, 2010, 02:27 PM
System -> Administration -> Software Sources -> Other Software tab or check out the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory ;).

EDIT: d'oh! drs305 has beaten me to it! :)

Phyxiis
April 21st, 2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you very much. This is why I love Linux over Windows XD

The problem was that in "/sources.list.d/getdeb.list" was that apparently with Jolicloud it puts "robbin" instead of "jaunty" which it is based off of.

Thanks again

Phyxiis
April 21st, 2010, 02:37 PM
This is off topic but the Quick Reply isn't working for me

Phyxiis
April 21st, 2010, 02:38 PM
Nevermind. This topic is solved, for me at least

sisco311
April 21st, 2010, 02:43 PM
You can mark this thread as solved.

At the top of the page, click the "Thread Tools" Menu and then "Mark this thread as Solved".

This is off topic but the Quick Reply isn't working for me

You have to click the http://ubuntuforums.org/images/buttons/quickreply.gif button to activate the Quick Reply. It's at the bottom right, next to the Quote & Multi-Quote buttons.