PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Graphics Drivers for Ubuntu

TatoSalad
April 21st, 2010, 03:21 AM
Hello there, I'm new to the forum; Call me James! :)

I switched over to Ubuntu literally 3 hours ago, and I'm slowly falling in love with the speed and simplicity of it.
But now I have a problem; My computer was originally built to run Windows, and though it runs perfectly, it seems my embedded graphics card driver has been removed or is undetected by Ubuntu.

Here's my model:
Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family

Could anyone inform me of a relatively simple way to install the driver to be useable in Ubuntu?

P.S: (I actually need it because I play an MMORPG which can run in either in what is known as 'Safe Mode' (which is what I'm forced to use) but it looks terribly bad and I could run it in HD but it seems to refuse to run without the drivers)

Thanks in Advance!

James :)

Linuxforall
April 21st, 2010, 03:23 AM
965 should be natively supported by Ubuntu, no need for any proprietary drivers.

TatoSalad
April 21st, 2010, 11:06 AM
That's strange, the game I play refuses to go into any different graphics quality besides 'Safe Mode' any ideas? It worked before I installed Ubuntu on Windows XP SP3.

ddecator
April 22nd, 2010, 05:39 AM
Your graphics driver should be xorg-xserver-video-intel, which I believe is installed by default. As long as that is installed, then you should be getting the best graphics you can.

Is the game you're trying to play in a browser or standalone?

TatoSalad
April 27th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Browser based.

Shazaam
April 27th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Welcome.
Been here yet?...
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683

LowSky
April 27th, 2010, 06:49 PM
What Game?

clhsharky
April 27th, 2010, 06:57 PM
HI

Did you install ubuntu-restricted- extras.

So you will have all the codecs, flash-player, and java.

Sharky