PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] updated Gutsy to Hardy now halts on creating/updating amavis user account

2byakin
April 20th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I am very new to Ubuntu. I never received any info on the CLAMAV deactivating in my system. I am not in any security groups. I just took over this server. Was running Gutsy with old version of CLAMAV. From what I found, I needed to update to Hardy to get latest CLAMAV working. So, I read how to update the sources.list file and run the do-release-upgade command.
It seemed to work for a while then stopped on "Creating/Updating amavis user account" I stopped the process and tried to install amavis again itself or upgrade and it goes back to --configure -a command and stops at the same place about creating/updating.....
Please help!! I have been working on this since Friday. What am I doing wrong or what can fix this? I did read some posts about this problem but didn't get a clean understanding on how to fix it.
Do I need to go on to Intrepid? I was thinking I needed to stay at this version because it would be supported for long time.
HELP!!

2byakin
April 21st, 2010, 03:39 PM
Since no response, I went ahead and installed intrepid. Well, got the same problem with amavis. I read somewhere that it was fixed in jaunty. So, now I am updating to jaunty. Doing this via the command-line, not gui. I have not installed gui yet. Any other suggestions or comments, please post

2byakin
April 22nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Installed jausty. Still hangs at "Creating/Updating amavis user account". Tried to install it manually, get same thing. hangs at this point. Need help.

2byakin
April 24th, 2010, 02:22 AM
Just ignore above. I am further along.