PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Keysonic KSK 6001 UELX Keyboard Problem

jez71
April 20th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Hi
I have just got a new Keysonic KSK 6001 UELX Keyboard but Ubuntu 9.10 does not recognize it. The backspace and up/down buttons work but nothing else. I cannot find any Linux drivers, I thought it would just work with PnP. I dual boot with win XP and it works fine with windows without any drivers.
can anyone help???
Thanks in advance.

AGDownie
May 28th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Had same problem myself recently and found that problem is due to "anti-ghosting" gaming keyboard feature.

You can switch this feature on and off using built-in hot keys:

Ctrl-Shift-Alt-N (normal mode - keyboard works in Ubuntu)
Ctrl-Shift-Alt-G (gaming mode - keyboard dead in Ubuntu, but works in BIOS/Grub/Windows).

Hope this helps.

snooffy
July 13th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks a million for this answer! I was gonna buy a different keyboard, but Ctrl+Alt+Shift+N worked just perfectly. Thanks!

psaras
January 19th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Does anyone know how to make this permanent? Everytime after startup I have to use these keystrokes Ctr-Shift-Alt-N.

Very anoying.

Thanks in advance.

Zeven
February 20th, 2013, 05:26 PM
The solution presented in this thread does not work for me and I too am using a Keysonic KSK-6001UELX Keyboard. Can anybody offer advice on how to amend this?

wildmanne39
February 20th, 2013, 10:51 PM
If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.