PDA

View Full Version : NetBeans, J2EE, Tomcat on Ubuntu

ubuntunewbie
February 8th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Hi,

I installed Ubuntu on my workstation just yesterday. I installed J2SE from a repository (after looking at some info from ubuntuforums). I want to install netbeans and j2ee appserver along with the tomcat container on my ubuntu system. I can do that like any other installationby simply downloading from java.sun.com. But to get it through the package manager, I need a repository which contains this software. Can anybody please help me out? Can I create a local repository and then install these binaries on my system? if so, can anybody let me know how to create a local repository?

Appreciate your help !!

Regards,
A Ubuntu Newbie !

scoon
February 15th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Hey there,

Local Repo howto: http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/repository-howto/repository-howto.html#id2781524

scoon

ubuntunewbie
February 19th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Thanks !

ubuntunewbie
February 27th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I found that you need to install libapache-mod-jk to get tomcat on your UBUNTU system. Try searching for TOMCAT in synaptec with "NAME & DESCRIPTION" in the search criteria.

hantsy
March 3rd, 2005, 02:20 AM
I found that you need to install libapache-mod-jk to get tomcat on your UBUNTU system. Try searching for TOMCAT in synaptec with "NAME & DESCRIPTION" in the search criteria.
use libapache2_mod_jk2(apache2) or libapache_mod_jk2(apache 1.3.x)
It is more powerful and friendly ...