PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are sticking with brown?

hellmet
April 19th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Now that purple is the color of Ubuntu Lucid, is everyone relieved of the change, or are there people like me who still like brown and are sticking with it for some time?

Personally, I feel the new colors and design are crisp and clean, but I still prefer my earthy and rustic looking brown Ubuntu desktop. :D

Roasted
April 19th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Personally, I feel the new colors and design are crisp and clean, but I still prefer my earthy and rustic looking brown Ubuntu desktop. :D

While I agree with you, I'm curious enough to give it a solid whirl and see how it goes. So far 10.04 in my virtual install has proven to be pretty nice, in terms of my feelings about the default Ambiance theme.

I will admit, I tend to tweak a few colors with each theme I use. With Ambiance in particular, I changed the text color to jet black and the selected text color to a light gray (which also changes the color of the buttons, which is kind of nice).

But at the end of the day, I like it - but of course with any theme I use, I still tweak it a bit. We'll see how it goes!

Bachstelze
April 19th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I prefer the brown over the purple any day too, but since I don't use Gnome, it's not really a problem for me, my KDE is always blue. :p

steveneddy
April 19th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I think the first thing that users do to a new Ubuntu install is changing the default wallpaper and colors.

I even have my styles and themes that i like to run and will probably run the same setup when I go to 10.04

CharlesA
April 19th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I'll be sticking with the default black and white. :)

Roasted
April 19th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I prefer the brown over the purple any day too, but since I don't use Gnome, it's not really a problem for me, my KDE is always blue. :p

What's funny is I on my Kubuntu machines, the blue is the first thing to go. It's too light for my taste.

LowSky
April 19th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I think the first thing that users do to a new Ubuntu install is changing the default wallpaper and colors.

I even have my styles and themes that i like to run and will probably run the same setup when I go to 10.04

As with all my computer I switch the themes and wallpapers almost instantly

Matthewthegreat
April 19th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Im not a fan of the purple but I like it better then the brown. I like the new theme. All I do it change the wallpaper and I'm happy!

Dayofswords
April 19th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I like blue. I change it to blue. Title bars darkish blue. windows very light blue.

<3 blue

Crunchy the Headcrab
April 19th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I use ClearGlow Blue, so um...neither. Surprisingly I didn't used to like this theme, but it goes great in Lucid with the changes to how Gnome displays.

BrokenKingpin
April 19th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I am glad to see the move from brown as I found it very ugly. That being said I will still be changing from the new theme and wallpaper to something else.

swoll1980
April 19th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I'm a huge fan of the NFL's Cleveland Browns. Because of this, I happen to be quite fond of Brown, and Orange.

malspa
April 19th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I prefer the brown, but it never really matters because one of the first things I do is start tweaking the appearance. That's one of the fun things about doing a Linux installation!

swoll1980
April 19th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I found this Equinox Radiance theme on gnome-look that when you change the color of the obnoxious orange selected items to #C4B7A5 looks really nice with the rest of Ubuntu's default theme.

CharlesA
April 19th, 2010, 08:38 PM
That actually looks pretty good.

Roasted
April 19th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I found this Equinox Radiance theme on gnome-look that when you change the color of the obnoxious orange selected items to #C4B7A5 looks really nice with the rest of Ubuntu's default theme.

I changed Ambiance's background color to match that of Dust Sand, which (IMO) gives it a very nice blend. It's VERY close to that color in your screen shot.

swoll1980
April 19th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I don't know why the screener is so blurry, and it is no where near the size of my screen. Is there a way to change the resolution in the screen shot app to 1080P.

koleoptero
April 19th, 2010, 09:47 PM
I don't know why the screener is so blurry, and it is no where near the size of my screen. Is there a way to change the resolution in the screen shot app to 1080P.

These forums resize the image. Use an external host to get better results. I use omploader.org most of the time, easy and no account needed.

-humanaut-
April 19th, 2010, 09:49 PM
I've been switching between the Ambiance theme and Radiance theme almost daily I really can't decide which one I like better. though my fonts look a little Sharper in Radiance.