PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bottom panel unhides only when mouse moves to the top part of the screen

rsalama
April 19th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I've noticed that with the latest updates, my bottom panel which I always keep hidden no longer unhides when moving the mouse to the lower part of the screen. Instead, it unhides when moving the mouse to the upper part of the screen. This is happening in both ubuntu and kubuntu running under virtualbox. I am running the regular window manager, no special visual effects. I looked in gconf-editor to see if there is a setting for telling the panel what area of the screen it should be sensitive to, no luck.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

thanks

roberto

SnickerSnack
April 19th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Have you tried deleting that panel and making a new one?

Have you tried restarting the vm?

Have you tried it with more than one vm? If you downloaded a .vdi, then you might try downloading it again (and checking the md5 sum). If you installed via an iso image, you might try downloading and/or installing again (and checking the md5 sum).

rsalama
April 20th, 2010, 04:55 AM
I've tried your suggestions. I event went back to the previous version of vm but to no avail. It is happening in both kubuntu and ubuntu, but not in fedora... I do have a few VM's with different flavors of linux installed. So far though, ubuntu has been the favorite, although I have to live with the bottom panel always being displayed. Maybe its an ok price for now...

thanks