PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with Ubuntu (No Mouse Scroll, No sound) in MS Virtual PC 2007

MithrandirAgain
April 19th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Hello everyone! ):P

Yesterday, I installed Ubuntu 9.10 for the first time, then activated it with MS Virtual PC 2007, on my MS Windows XP Service Pack 3 PC. (I had installed it as multi-boot before, but for some reason every time I started Ubuntu, my whole internet network went down, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it for MS Virtual PC.) Everything works fine now, except I can't use my middle button to scroll with my 3 button ball mouse (HP), and my speakers, that work fine in Windows, don't work in Ubuntu.
For the mouse problem, I have tried the suggestions online, like looking at /etc/X11/xorg.confm, which is completely blank, and enabling Auto-Scroll in FireFox. Neither have worked. And as to the speakers, I also have no idea what's wrong.
I also have problems with the zoom level, but that is no longer a problem since I installed an add-on with FireFox that locks the level for me.
Overall, I really like the technical yet stylish look of Ubuntu. These two problems are somewhat insignificant, yet extremely frustrating. I would appreciate any and all help.
Thank you!

NOTE: My middle mouse button works fine in Windows, and in Ubuntu I can open a new tab by clicking a link with the same button, but that's all.

EDIT/By the way, I don't know how to install the VM Additions. I activate it and the program puts it in the CD area of Ubuntu, yet I can't seem to open it.

405jayb
April 19th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Try another virtual machine program. I use virtualbox. I've also had problems with ubuntu on MS virtual pc.

MithrandirAgain
April 19th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Try another virtual machine program. I use virtualbox. I've also had problems with ubuntu on MS virtual pc.

Thank you very much, 405jayb! That solved my problem!

:KS

405jayb
April 19th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Your Welcome.