PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are Folding @ Home?

MattTastic
April 18th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Hey, I just install origami to do some folding for Stanford. I was just wondering how many of ye are participating in the programme?

TheNessus
April 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I don't have Folding @ Home
I only have Folders, like Documents and Movies.

skymera
April 18th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I used to do Nvidia GPU folding on my old 8800GT.

Here is my team:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=134787

2008!?!?!?
Wow, time flies so fast, i could have sworn it was last year.

MattTastic
April 18th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I used to do Nvidia GPU folding on my old 8800GT.

Here is my team:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=134787

2008!?!?!?
Wow, time flies so fast, i could have sworn it was last year.

So you are not running it anymore? I presume since you upgrade or the like?

The Real Dave
April 18th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Nice to see more Irish users here Matt.

Last time I was folding was back on 9.04, ever since 9.10 I just didn't take it up again. It forced me to clean my computer once every two weeks or so, it took in a lot of dust keeping itself cool. At one stage I had dedicated a seperate machine to folding, a 1Ghz PIII. Took it a few days to crunch a WU, but it got there :)

skierkyles
April 18th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I've had my server folding for about the last week,
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=skierKyle&teamnum=68208
It should be folding for the foreseeable future

undecim
April 18th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I'm running it, but it seems to be stuck trying to get a new work unit :(

MattTastic
April 18th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Nice to see more Irish users here Matt.

Last time I was folding was back on 9.04, ever since 9.10 I just didn't take it up again. It forced me to clean my computer once every two weeks or so, it took in a lot of dust keeping itself cool. At one stage I had dedicated a seperate machine to folding, a 1Ghz PIII. Took it a few days to crunch a WU, but it got there :)

Your a Cork man as well eh? Or woman I suppose, Dave is a bit of an ambiguous name...

Jay Car
April 19th, 2010, 12:02 AM
This has nothing to do with laundry, right? :)

tica vun
April 19th, 2010, 01:10 AM
I run F@H on all my computers.

blueshiftoverwatch
April 19th, 2010, 04:33 AM
I run Folding@Home on my PS3 pretty much 24/7. I would be running Seti@Home instead if there was a native client or I could get it to run properly on a Yellow Dog Linux.

MattTastic
April 19th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I run Folding@Home on my PS3 pretty much 24/7. I would be running Seti@Home instead if there was a native client or I could get it to run properly on a Yellow Dog Linux.

The PS3 out of the box doesn't run it does it? I know my friend downloaded the Life thingy, the one with the massive global like google earth... you can turn over to the folding at home channel there I'm sure. I remember before the console came out, there was a big fuss made about it, but if the console only does it when you are looking at the life application, then it will hardly be used by the average user. It should be some sort of intelligent background task... or maybe it is I'm just speculating at this point.

I guess your pretty pissed Sony removed the install another operating system option on the ps3 then?

dragos240
April 19th, 2010, 03:51 PM
What is folding @ home?

dragos240
April 19th, 2010, 04:28 PM
The PS3 out of the box doesn't run it does it? I know my friend downloaded the Life thingy, the one with the massive global like google earth... you can turn over to the folding at home channel there I'm sure. I remember before the console came out, there was a big fuss made about it, but if the console only does it when you are looking at the life application, then it will hardly be used by the average user. It should be some sort of intelligent background task... or maybe it is I'm just speculating at this point.

I guess your pretty pissed Sony removed the install another operating system option on the ps3 then?

Actually, you have the option to not upgrade. You just loose access to the PS3 network or something.

Elfy
April 19th, 2010, 04:31 PM
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FoldingAtHome

skymera
April 23rd, 2010, 02:03 PM
So you are not running it anymore? I presume since you upgrade or the like?

Sadly not now, no.

I didn't run F@H on my HD4870 which i traded for a GTX260 GS which i didn't want to stress too much on F@H.

I've sold my GTX260 today to pay for my car tax, so as of 2 hours ago i harness the power of a 7600GS...