PDA

View Full Version : Dooble

-humanaut-
April 18th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Has anyone tried this "dooble" browser? It just suddenly popped up in the repo's doesn't say if its Webkit or Gecko any opinions on it?

reyfer
April 18th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Uses WebKit from what I can gather

http://dooble.sourceforge.net/

I like this part:

Dooble Web Browser has no build in User-Track-ID, which is sent to central servers. That allows to search and surf the web without the monitoring of your search behaviour by any web search.

Edit: tried it, uses QT4 and Webkit, it is fast, but for some reason the search results are in german, and of course no flash videos

-humanaut-
May 7th, 2010, 04:58 AM
I completely forgot about this thread I'm gonna give Dooble a try tomorrow. Had to give Ubuntu a quick run out of boredom today but im going back to Kubuntu tomorrow.

DeadSuperHero
May 7th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Oh boy, ANOTHER QtWebkit browser.

How about we focus on just one or two to improve the experience mmkay?

-humanaut-
May 7th, 2010, 05:09 AM
That'd be nice but so far most of the QtWebkit browsers I've used have been rather disappointing i.e. Rekonq and Arora. Though I love Konqueror & KHTML

DeadSuperHero
May 7th, 2010, 05:12 AM
I just wish some of the dev teams would start working with each other rather than against each other. They have the capability to release an incredibly solid browser based on QtWebkit. The closest to perfect so far would be Rekonq, in my opinion. Even it has problems.

-humanaut-
May 8th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I just wish some of the dev teams would start working with each other rather than against each other. They have the capability to release an incredibly solid browser based on QtWebkit. The closest to perfect so far would be Rekonq, in my opinion. Even it has problems.

Rekong really liked to crash on me for whatever reason I could never figure it out.