PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] The Live CD is "dead"

cheung.louis_f
April 18th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I had downloaded the CD image of 10.04 Beta from Ubuntu site and burn into CD (with Nero). I also done verify test in Nero. But instead it boot from the Window Vista it show me folders and files instead. It also happen to me with Ubuntu Studio what should I do?

VeeDubb
April 18th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Unless I'm really missing something here, it sounds like you're taking a live CD, sticking it in the drive while windows is running, and expecting it to "do something."

That's not how it works.

You put the disc in the drive, reboot the computer, and make sure it boot from the disc instead of your windows hard drive. (Most computers are set up to do this by default)

If you want to play with linux while windows is running, you need WUBI, or a virtual machine.

coffeecat
April 18th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Go into the machine's BIOS, and ensure that it is configured to boot from the optical drive first.

cheung.louis_f
April 18th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Unless I'm really missing something here, it sounds like you're taking a live CD, sticking it in the drive while windows is running, and expecting it to "do something."

That's not how it works.

You put the disc in the drive, reboot the computer, and make sure it boot from the disc instead of your windows hard drive. (Most computers are set up to do this by default)

If you want to play with linux while windows is running, you need WUBI, or a virtual machine.

It believe it going to work. But before I got a disk from Ubuntu offically it boot the disk while i'm over Window Vista running.

I'm going to change the Bios to try it out.