PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Internet disconnects every 2 hour

tottetotte
April 18th, 2010, 04:13 AM
My internet disconnect mabe every second hour and I have to restart the Ubuntu to get internet again.
This started to happen when I bought a new wireless card called NETGEAR WG311v3. The live CD didnt have the drivers for it so I had to download XP drivers and install it with ndisrwapper.

So my question is how do I fix it? Do other network drivers crash with my current one? If so how can I see wish one to remove?

Note that my card works fine with XP on same computer.

tottetotte
April 22nd, 2010, 12:56 PM
bump?

tottetotte
April 25th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Ubuntu user friendly? <trim> I always end up in talking with my self on my own threads.

Didnt know what kind of driver bcm4xx. Heard a lot its a problem with bcm4xx on wireless so I tried to blacklist it. Worked flawless. I knew that there was some drivers installed from the live cd but no one could tell me.

Next time I start a threat ill just catogorys it as "Solved" becouse I know ill end up solving hard <problems> for my self.

tottetotte
April 27th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Wow, found out that it didnt work flawless. It just reduced the disconnect timing on about 2-16 hours. Sometimes im not even using the computer and my internet <snip> disconnects and every internet related program freeze. I mean WTF? So im just gonna wait for the Ubuntu 10.4 and hope for a miracle? Come on!!!

chrisblue
April 28th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I have similar issues with a mythbuntu install. wifi drops after a day or so. Doing nothing but using the tv front end and using the wifi to check the tv schedules. So far have not found a solution. Like you waiting for 10.4

tottetotte
May 2nd, 2010, 11:55 AM
Installed 10.4. The problem didn't get solved