PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installation in Virtual Box questions

cilantro
April 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I have a older computer running Ubuntu I ssh into to use as a proxy server for all my web browsing while I travel. I decided to retire my old Ubuntu box after completing building a new machine. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a AMD PhenomII 4-core processor.

I installed Sun VirtualBox to run Ubuntu on the Win 7 machine, followed the installation guide I found on installing Ubuntu into a Virtual environment. It seems to be running just fine so far. I even have updated it and installed OpenSSH, got my settings configured as I had them before and have my router to forward the port to the IP address of the machine running the VM. However, when I attempt to ssh into the Ubuntu VM I can't connect.

This new machine has 2 gigabit adapters on it, and I was wondering if its possible setup one of those adapters (the one my Win 7 install isn't using) in VM for the Ubuntu to exclusively use. I'm hoping by doing this it will allow me to port forward to just that adapter and the VM. Or is there a better way to configure the networking of Ubuntu in VirtualBox to accomplish this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!