PDA

View Full Version : wireless performance in ubuntu 10.04 netbook with realtek rtl8187se wireless card

cmackay
April 17th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Hello:

I tried to install ubuntu netbook edition 10.04 beta 2 on an msi wind u100, with a Realtek RTL8187SE wireless device. Using both live cd and final installation, the wireless connection last about 3 or 4 minutes tops. I have been googleing and it seems that this has been problem since 8.10. Other people say that it might be a problem with WPA encryption but i have the same problem with WEP.

I also tried to use ndiswrapper with Win drivers through ndisgtk, blacklisting the rtl8187se module first. The hardware was detected, i was able to see my router but unable to connect to, both using WAP or WEP

Does anyone knows how to solve this issue? Is there a specific driver that should be compiled that actually works?

Thanks

cmackay
April 17th, 2010, 06:26 PM
COuld it be a kernel problem? Right now im using Live Session with Ubuntu 9.04 and i have had no wireless probles so far.

gordintoronto
April 17th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Bear in mind that 10.04 is still beta software, so any problems should go in the Lucid Testing forum.