PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Please send me an Ubuntu disc.

pirate paul
April 17th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Hi I just spent hours and a fortune on mobile broardband trying to download Ubuntu 904 (10.04 sounds better but it only said on the site how to upgrade)
When it was just done it said it could not open the file... go online for software.
I got lots of software but it did not open the file. After some time it started to go wrong, I click on the file and the start window freezes, I have to switch the laptop off to get the start window back, I have now to click 30 times to cancel the software that I did not want any way.

Can I buy an Ubuntu disc?
Will you send me an Ubuntu disc? (I will pay for the disc and UK postage)

Thanks.

Have a nice day.

howefield
April 17th, 2010, 04:08 PM
When it was just done it said it could not open the file... go online for software.
I got lots of software but it did not open the file. After some time it started to go wrong, I click on the file and the start window freezes, I have to switch the laptop off to get the start window back, I have now to click 30 times to cancel the software that I did not want any way.

It is not easy to work out what you are saying here.

Yes.
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu

Yes, PM me an address and I'll post one for you today. Let me know what disk you want (version and architecture)

Have a nice day.

And you :)

Directive 4
April 17th, 2010, 04:21 PM
http://shop.canonical.com/index.php?cPath=17

these guys are on the isle of man so postage is only a few pounds (recorded)

a pack of 5 is £5.00 for 9.10

of course in 12 days 10.04 will be out

pirate paul
April 17th, 2010, 04:24 PM
If I can figure out how to PM you I will. I need instructions, and a spell checker.

I had an Ubuntu disc, and installed Ubuntu, but I could not top up my vodafone broardband.
I put windows back on and topped up my vodafone, then tried to reinstall Ubuntu, but the disc is defective.
When I tried to download a new copy of Ubuntu it did not work and my computer went AWOL I am just looking for a new disc for my laptop.
I had 9.04 but if 10.04 is better it sounds great.

Thanks.

Have a nice day.

howefield
April 17th, 2010, 04:27 PM
If I can figure out how to PM you I will. I need instructions, and a spell checker.

Click on the posters name in the profile part of this post, and select "send a private message to...."

Don1500
April 17th, 2010, 05:17 PM

Thanks.

Have a nice day.

What software did you download? Did you download the .iso file (the only file you need). You need the 32 bit PC version, if you have a Windows based laptop.

If you did download the .iso, did you burn it to a disk as you were supposed to do? or did you just extract it into a hard drive?

If you burn the .iso to a disk you can boot right from that and install easily.
The disk you burn from the .iso file is exactly the same as the disk that will be mailed to you.
Unless the burned copy is defective, getting a mailed copy won't help if there is something else wrong with your system.
You can save yourself a lot of time by burning it yourself.

Sef
April 17th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Unless the burned copy is defective, getting a mailed copy won't help if there is something else wrong with your system.
You can save yourself a lot of time by burning it yourself.

Not if you have to pay for the download. Here is what the op posted

Hi I just spent hours and a fortune on mobile broardband trying to download Ubuntu 904