PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Rhythmbox seekbar broken

AnthIste
April 17th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Hey guys

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 on an old laptop while waiting for new RAM on my main PC. I play music through the network from my brother's PC, but there are quite a few AAC files that resulted in an automatic codec search (which turned up 0 results). I did a bit of reading about AAC files and read that someone tried installing the gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse package.

I did the same, and since then, the seekbar in Rhythmbox is broken. If I click somewhere to seek forward in a track, nothing happens. The bar reverts to it's original position and the music keeps playingfrom the beginning. I have tried uninstalling gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse, but the problem still occurs.

Any ideas on how to fix this, and how to play AAC files?

rudihawk
April 17th, 2010, 12:35 PM
If you want, you could try Banshee (it is in the repo's, and it pretty similiar to Rhythmbox has a tad more features.)

AnthIste
April 17th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Thanks rudihawk Banshee works great :)

But that doesn't really fix the root of the problem, if you know what I mean. At least I can properly listen to music in the meantime :)

EDIT: After importing my music (~9700 songs), banshee is as slow as a bear wading through thick mud :/

EDIT EDIT: Banshee has the same problem on certain songs :/