PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know when Opera 10.50 will be available for Linux?

Macfunky
April 17th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Checked out the alpha version of it. Takes age to load up but i am VERY impressed with it. I love the fact that you can hide the main menu, as i use mostly shortcuts and i like the extra screen space. I love its integration with the Gnome desktop and wow is it fast. It's looking like it's going to be a great release. I understand that Opera want to make it stable before releasing it and probably aren't sure yet when it will be ready but does anyone have any ideas on how long it could be or have you read anything to suggest when it may be ready?

Anyone else try out the alpha version? What did you think of it?

Here's the link for anyone who wants to give it a go :D

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/03/finally-opera-1051-deb-and-rpm-linux.html

sxmaxchine
April 17th, 2010, 12:12 PM
i dont think there is a set release date but i imagin it shouldnt be much longer

mkvnmtr
April 17th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I am using it now. Google Opera 10.52 and I believe you will find what they call a snapshot for linux. It is a deb package and installs with gdebi. Just double click it. It is the fastest browser I have used.

EarthMind
April 17th, 2010, 01:47 PM
When it's ready :). Just be patient and let them take their time until it's stable enough to be released, otherwise you'd just get another buggy software.

I've tried Opera on Linux and it's the fastest one I've used on Linux, next to Chrome. I'd like to replace Firefox with Opera as my main browser as soon as the stable version comes out (and if the fonts become much more appealing). I already use it a lot on Windows, but Firefox is still my main browser there.

A_T
April 17th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Not even a beta yet and 10.52 alpha is very buggy. Fonts especially are a real problem.