PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Android phone? Is there one?

Kdar
April 16th, 2010, 05:00 AM
I am planning to get a cell-phone.. but is there a cheap android cell-phone? or all of them are expansive?

kernelhaxor
April 16th, 2010, 05:46 AM
myTouch 3g and G1 are cheap android phones. How much is cheap for you? Also, depends on your service provider, t-mobile?

amitabhishek
April 16th, 2010, 05:49 AM
You can try Samsung Spica (http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i5700_galaxy_spica-2965.php); its costs just $266 here and is loaded with features. Best bang for buck IMO!

myusername
April 16th, 2010, 06:04 AM
i got my motorola cliq xt for 99 dollars and my mom got a g1 for free a couple of weeks ago

teKro
April 16th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Verizon is selling the HTC Eris for $80.

steev182
April 16th, 2010, 01:18 PM
T-Mobile Pulse is about £180 on Pay as you go. That's probably as cheap as you can get.

sandyd
April 16th, 2010, 01:43 PM
if you look carefully, some providers will give discounts if you sign up for a 1+ year contract. but then again, I got my google nexus unlocked directly from google...

Kdar
April 16th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I got my google nexus unlocked directly from google...

So you just pay-as-you got to some cell-phone provider? or how does it work?

LowSky
April 16th, 2010, 02:55 PM
So you just pay-as-you got to some cell-phone provider? or how does it work?

Carlee is probably buying service from T-Mobile or AT&T on a post-paid plan. Because she purchased the phone at full cost she doesn't need to sign a contract.

I don't think if there is a pay as you go android phone at the moment. I'm guessing you could always buy one unlocked and buy service from a GSM company

Kdar where do you live? It will effect what phones and services are available to you.

sandyd
April 16th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Carlee is probably buying service from T-Mobile or AT&T on a post-paid plan. Because she purchased the phone at full cost she doesn't need to sign a contract.

I don't think if there is a pay as you go android phone at the moment. I'm guessing you could always buy one unlocked and buy service from a GSM company

Kdar where do you live? It will effect what phones and services are available to you.

I didnt buy service - one of the bebefit options that I chose while working at a company was for a phone plan w/ unlimited 3g. phone they gave me sucked, so I bought the google nexus and stuck the sim card into it.

sandyd
April 16th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I dont know if they have this in your area, but some cell phone service providers have prepaid sim cards. You can just buy one from them, or grab one off ebay and stick it into your phone. you just need to go and register/activate the sim card by brining it to the service provider's store.