PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried if I deleted things using Computer Janitor?

TheNerdAL
April 16th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Okay so I thought that Computer Janitor detects things that I didn't use in a long time and I ran it and deleted things that are like lsbc-image-headers and lsbc or something like that. Should I be worried for deleting those? I feel like needing to do a fresh install.

Carl Hamlin
April 16th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Okay so I thought that Computer Janitor detects things that I didn't use in a long time and I ran it and deleted things that are like lsbc-image-headers and lsbc or something like that. Should I be worried for deleting those? I feel like needing to do a fresh install.

When in doubt, backing up your data and performing a fresh install never hurts.

dominiquec
April 16th, 2010, 03:52 AM
I've had bad experiences using Computer Janitor. It deleted stuff I was actually still using!

I would probably wait if something breaks. Reinstalling can be a pain. At least you know what it took out, so you can put it back in.

TheNerdAL
April 16th, 2010, 04:07 AM
When in doubt, backing up your data and performing a fresh install never hurts.

Yeah, but my other thread talks about my cd not being able to boot! D:

swoll1980
April 16th, 2010, 04:09 AM
I've had bad experiences using Computer Janitor. It deleted stuff I was actually still using!

You deleted things you were still using. Computer Janitor only deletes what you tell it to.

swoll1980
April 16th, 2010, 04:10 AM

It will delete what ever you checked on the list. Should make sure why it's there, and what it does before you delete it.

TheNerdAL
April 16th, 2010, 04:47 AM
It will delete what ever you checked on the list. Should make sure why it's there, and what it does before you delete it.

Lol, I was just like "Mayne, this janitor knows what it's doing. Let it do all the work."

3rdalbum
April 16th, 2010, 08:21 AM

Whatever it deletes, you can reinstall. Unless you're now having problems with your computer, or are missing things that you use, then you don't need to do anything more.

Khakilang
April 16th, 2010, 08:25 AM
I don't have any problem using computer janitor. But its good to know what they delete. I thought it delete file that are redundant and it something like Window clean-up.

ssj6akshat
April 16th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I have heard rumors that Computer Janitor was coded by Satan himself.

Khakilang
April 16th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I have heard rumors that Computer Janitor was coded by Satan himself.

I don't think so more like a mole from MS.:lolflag: