PDA

View Full Version : Pre Plus, anyone?

Cam42
April 16th, 2010, 03:12 AM
I know it's a crappy time to buy Palm, but my family just got two Pre Plus phones for $50, with Mobile Hotspot free for life. I get mine in a couple of weeks. Anyone else have one? What apps do you use? Anyone tried Tweed for twitter?

madjr
April 16th, 2010, 03:43 AM
crappy time?

those are good phones for the price with a very good OS

sure it wont ever have the amount of apps android does, but still has some good ones

much better than Blackberries in my opinion

Cam42
April 16th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah, 2 for $50 is a great deal.
Palm's stock is in the toilet, and there are several rumors of buyouts.

steev182
April 16th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I just want Nokia to buy them and get synergy onto the N900...

HeresJohnny
May 14th, 2010, 08:23 PM
That's a great deal for the price, and you'll be able to use your phones as a hotspot wherever you go. Think of a long highway drive- your phone will be the wireless connection, and other people can surf the web on their laptops or iPod Touch. If you have kids, that's an instant no-brainer. Of course, you could also use the phone as a GPS to get you where you're going. For apps, do yourself a favor and install Preware to give yourself access to system tweaks and apps outside the Palm catalog. I use Twee Free for Twitter, but have heard good things about Tweed. Here's what I use everyday: Music (Remix), WootOn!, drPodder, Comics, Mileage Monitor, Express Stocks, Flixster, WikiHow, Evernote, and Sporting News Pro Baseball. Good luck to you!

Johnsie
May 14th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Where are you guys getting them at that price? I'm a phone hobbyist and love trying phones :-)

Oh you need to get a contract to get that lol :-)

dca
May 14th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Thank God, that OS didn't have massive up-take a'la Android... I can see Steve Jobs starting another patent infringement lawsuit w/ HP now...