PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Netbook-remix-style launcher in ubuntu desk?

Atamisk
April 15th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Is there a way to apply the launcher used in UNR to a full-size screen?

I ask because i ried UNR first and fell in love with it. Also, once i can get X to stop crashing every five seconds on my desktop (GRR!), i want that launcher instead of standard GNOME. Any ideas?

node8472
April 16th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Is there a way to apply the launcher used in UNR to a full-size screen?

I ask because i ried UNR first and fell in love with it. Also, once i can get X to stop crashing every five seconds on my desktop (GRR!), i want that launcher instead of standard GNOME. Any ideas?
so you installed the ubuntu-netbook-remix-default package in synaptic? maybe try searching "netbook" and try the netbook-launcher package. if that is what you did you could try lxlauncher. thats about all the adivce this beginer can give

Atamisk
April 16th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Actually i have the net remix on my netbook, and std. gnome on my crash machine (Dell desktop that refuses to run anyhting other than xterm at the momont. once i fix the issues i'll try installing the launcher from synaptic.

EDIT: wow, it even works! A note to future weirdos who want to do this: the only way to get it to work is selecting the "netbook" session from the session selector at login. it will be made avil. after installing the laincher.