PDA

View Full Version : new to blackberry

c00lwaterz
April 15th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Hi,

I have bought blackberry curve 8900 and I have trying to search and look for some application. it's hard to get application for Blackberry how to get and install in blackberry? i Have tried the blackberry app world but it seems not downloading.

Help pls

thanks in advance

c00lwaterz
April 15th, 2010, 05:15 PM
up

isaacj87
April 15th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Hey, I recently just introduced myself to Blackberry. What exactly is wrong with App World? Does it run?

chrisxuk
April 15th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Head over to http://www.crackberry.com as there's a wealth of information regarding Blackberry's there. :)

c00lwaterz
April 16th, 2010, 01:10 PM
thanks chrisxuk but i tried already and no luck. i will try again later. i want to install application using my blackberry. i dont want to use blackberry desktop manager. some application like google map don't work on my blackberry and yahoo messenger for blackberry

c00lwaterz
April 17th, 2010, 01:39 PM
when trying to install the yahoo messenger, google talk it says data service unavalable. the google map is also not working.

most application has to pay.

but in fairness the blackberry is stable than order phones. no hang. I experience in nokia, sony ericsson most phone hangs up. in blackberry no hang and it is smooth even not so big internal storage capacity.

I love blackberry!!! hehehe

Kai69
April 17th, 2010, 03:20 PM
HI I also have the BB 8900 ive had a few problems with downloading mainly to do with the phone company not switching the services on Im in the UK and use the Orange network when I call costomer service they always transfer me to BB costomer services to sort the problem out.
In your downloads folder do you see the BB app world symbol? thats how to download most apps I cant do it from the browser I just get error messages also if you have wireless in the house switch on wireless on BB it downloads a lot faster and less crashes

c00lwaterz
April 17th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I also try downloading blackberry app world. it says it doesn't meet minimum requirement.:confused:

Kai69
April 18th, 2010, 02:12 AM
AHH I had the same problem I had to do an update using the the BB software manager that seemed to sort a lot of problems out.
Crackberry website has a lot of info on using the BB and also see http://my.blackberry.com/index.jspa

c00lwaterz
April 18th, 2010, 10:00 PM
i have search crackberry.com but no luck. also the http://my.blackberry.com/index.jspa . however, i have tried the ebuddy.com web base messenger for yahoo messenger, google talk, msn, etc.

Kai69
April 18th, 2010, 10:47 PM
I would suggest you phone your service provider and see if they have enabled the BB services on your contract with my service provider they had enabled the Orange internet but not the BB internet service, frustrating I know
My wife got a BB on pay as you go it took 4 days of calling the service provider just to get the internet enabled but once it was sorted all was well

c00lwaterz
April 18th, 2010, 10:50 PM
I would suggest you phone your service provider and see if they have enabled the BB services on your contract with my service provider they had enabled the Orange internet but not the BB internet service, frustrating I know
My wife got a BB on pay as you go it took 4 days of calling the service provider just to get the internet enabled but once it was sorted all was well

so this is with the internet using the carrier? how about the wifi? I use wifi in my home to connect. I can surf and browse web in BB. only on yahoo messenger/google talk messenger not work.

But I have tried ebuddy.com web base messenger. it works but not that cool

Kai69
April 18th, 2010, 11:15 PM
To use your wifi goto manage connections then set up wifi network ,,next,,select scan for networks,, find your network enter pin and save .. then to use go to manage connections go to wifi click ball to enable go to wifi options goto saved wifi profiles click on your profile now it should be enabled should see a tick and tranmitter icon go back to front screen wifi icon should be there and on top screen above the clock next to your service provider you should see wifi name..
When you are using wifi you should see instead of GPRS now UMA

c00lwaterz
April 18th, 2010, 11:34 PM
my wifi is working on my blackberry. just the application yahoo messenger is not working and google talk "data service unavailable". also google maps.

Kai69
April 18th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Try this http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/Windows-Live-Messenger-not-working-on-Blackberry-Curve-quot-Data/td-p/382289
The only other thing that has been suggested is to do a hard reset,, leave phone on remove battery reinsert battery switch phone on let it boot up ( 3-4 mins ) try again to log into yahoo

c00lwaterz
April 19th, 2010, 12:17 AM
thanks

i will try removing battery for 3 min.

I search also but I did not find any answer on how to make yahoo messenger/google talk work using wifi internet in bb.

Kai69
April 19th, 2010, 12:30 AM
BB data service is a seperate service to your phone internet service but the service provider needs to switch it on it dosnt cost any more but without it you cant send (push) e mails etc to your phone or use the app service. I would suggest you phone your service provider and ask if BB data service is enabled and if not get them to switch it on hope this gets things sorted..

c00lwaterz
April 19th, 2010, 12:42 AM
service provider of internet or the one i use for sms sim card?

Kai69
April 19th, 2010, 12:54 AM
I would think the sim card provider as that is also who provide my phone internet service
my home internet provider is a different company..

c00lwaterz
April 19th, 2010, 12:59 AM
ok. i got what you mean. but i am using prepaid load. I don't use line in my phone. can i stll use if in wifi?

Kai69
April 19th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Ok ,, my wife is also on pay as you go the plan she has (orange UK) she puts £10.00 on phone per month £5.00 for calls and £5.00 for internet access any extra money she puts on the phone goes to calls for that month but the phone company had to switch the internet and BB data services on so I called orange to get that sorted for her.
I would suggest you phone the service provider or check thier website to see the call and data plans..

c00lwaterz
April 19th, 2010, 02:54 AM
so it has to pay the service.?