PDA

View Full Version : 10.04 looks/feels so nice that am afraid am going to mess it up

madjr
April 15th, 2010, 08:56 AM
so am trying beta2 right now from live-cd and am like wow

everything works better than before, even my ati card

is so good that even the buttons on the left makes it kinda magical lol

i was going to wait for final, but my dad got a new pc and just couldnt wait 2 weeks

i feel like a kid again

am like going to be everywhere showing it off haaha

hey i just noticed that the firefox homepage switches to either google or yahoo depending on your preference automagically

purgatori
April 15th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I doubt that the experience for those of us upgrading, especially from heavily customized setups, are going to find the experience quite so 'magical.'

bigsmitty64
April 15th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Yup, it's pretty amazing so far. Been testing since alpha. I love it. The menu buttons were no biggy for me, I actually like them on the left. I didn't upgrade though, fresh install here, so I don't know about that.

Crunchy the Headcrab
April 15th, 2010, 09:07 AM
but my dad got a new pc and just couldnt wait 2 weeks

am like going to be everywhere showing it off haaha

i feel like a kid again

...erm okay?

I really enjoy Lucid Lynx also. The longer I use it, the more I like it. It's a near perfect experience for me when it's working (there have been a few updates that seriously broke things, but only temporarily).

Khakilang
April 15th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Can't wait to upgrade myself. I always look out for new things to play.

jf812
April 15th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I doubt that the experience for those of us upgrading, especially from heavily customized setups, are going to find the experience quite so 'magical.'

Im considering doing a fresh install. Bad thing is i'll have to download all my programs and stuff again:(

kaldor
April 15th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I love ambiance, and my girlfriend loves radiance. Looks great! It's keeping me away from KDE/OS X at the moment.

madjr
April 15th, 2010, 11:00 PM

download the iso and with the live-cd check it out in pure/virginal state, then upgrade from it.

after you're done give the cd to a friend and spread the joy :)

sandyd
April 16th, 2010, 12:13 AM
+1
due to some updates still problamatic, It ended that my system got half-upgraded.
ended up installing from scratch :O

the main issue I had was with networkmanager disableing itself after I updated it...

chriswyatt
April 16th, 2010, 12:20 AM
download the iso and with the live-cd check it out in pure/virginal state, then upgrade from it.

after you're done give the cd to a friend and spread the joy :)

Just because the Live-CD works doesn't mean that you'll have no problems with an upgrade.

I wish I hadn't jumped straight onto beta 1, but I couldn't resist, it was shiny and new and I couldn't help myself.

Had a few issues, file system corrupting after a kernel update, computer not booting after a kernel update, few other little things here and there.