PDA

View Full Version : Availability of Ubuntu CD's

melrokz
April 15th, 2010, 06:50 AM
I'm Melvin from India.
I'm a member of the ubuntu forums for almost 2 years now...
I have a Launchpad account, but...
It seems that you stopped giving out free cd's??? Is it so?
I'm also learning RHCE and would like to have the stable version of Ubuntu 10.04 asap.
I prefer Ubuntu server to red hat, but i'd like to try it out...
Please consider my sincere request, if this is not the place for such requests, please redirect me to a suitable place.
1. downloading is not an option for me, as I dont have broadband and dont have the means to setup that :-(
2. If u can find a Ubuntu distributor at Kochi, Kerala, who gives out Ubuntu CD's at a cheap rate, please let me know.
My sincere apologies, if this is the wrong place to ask...

darolu
April 15th, 2010, 08:12 AM
They still ship CD's but not as many as they used to do; they after all, cost money (specially shipping). I would send you the CD/DVD but the shipping is way to expensive for a CD from my country to India (almost $80USD), maybe someone closer to your location can send you one.

You can ask in the India-Ubuntu-Forums, probably someone from your own country can send you the CD/DVD you need: http://forum.ubuntu-in.info/

Namaste.

cariboo
April 15th, 2010, 08:19 AM
This really isn't a support request, moved to the Cafe.

akakingess
April 15th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Thank you cariboo907...

kpkeerthi
April 15th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Hi Melvin,
I live in India too (Chennai). I got Karmic (9.04) delivered in about two weeks even though it was announced that they no longer ship as much (I guess Canonical understands that not everyone in India can afford to download yet).

Nevertheless, 10.04 is only beta now. Lets wait for the final release. I hope it will be made available for shipment. Even otherwise, I can download and send you a copy. PM me.

ssj6akshat
April 15th, 2010, 09:34 AM
You can buy Ubuntu DVDs from Zyxware for Rs.30/- only

http://zyxware.com