PDA

View Full Version : Mandrake founder Gael Duval to sue Mandriva over firing

Perfect Storm
March 16th, 2006, 04:12 PM
http://trends.newsforge.com/trends/06/03/15/208240.shtml?tid=138&tid=2

Sorry to see Mandriva(Mandrake) goes downhill :-|

Turtle.net
March 16th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I only hope that this sad story will not lead Mandriva in a dead end.

mstlyevil
March 16th, 2006, 04:52 PM
It could be it's salvation if Mandravia makes the right choices and moves in the right direction.

ComplexNumber
March 16th, 2006, 05:35 PM
perhaps if mandriva moved to gnome, it would help to revive its fortunes. i can see that happening. when that time comes, i may try it out again.

Brunellus
March 16th, 2006, 05:47 PM
perhaps if mandriva moved to gnome, it would help to revive its fortunes. i can see that happening. when that time comes, i may try it out again.
and if your father wore a dress, he'd be your mother.

;0)

ComplexNumber
March 16th, 2006, 05:55 PM
and if your father wore a dress, he'd be your mother.

;0) hmmm not sure where you're going with that one :-?

Perfect Storm
March 16th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I don't think it have anything to do which DE Mandriva uses, but the lack of direction, they need some goals or set of rules what and who they are and it seems that users of Mandriva also come to the same conclusion if you read the the diffrent forums.

briancurtin
March 16th, 2006, 07:32 PM
i dont see how changing from KDE to gnome will change any attempts to "revive its fortunes." the change would drive more users away from it than it would attract

ComplexNumber
March 16th, 2006, 07:45 PM
he change would drive more users away from it than it would attract we only have to look at ubuntu and kubuntu to see that thats certainly not the case.
it would be more in line with what the enterprise require from linux. kde just doesn't cut it in that respect.

Perfect Storm
March 16th, 2006, 08:58 PM
http://www.indidea.org/gael/en/fired-message.php

vicks
March 20th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Ubuntu (canoncal) should recruit Duval! Imagine what an asset he could be in terms of experince. Perhaps he could reinforce the kubuntu team.