PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Anybody have a hardy x64 disk that I can have?

Moozillaaa
April 14th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I canNOT get a completed download of any Ubuntu version from releases.ubuntu.com, or from mirror sites.

/home/chuckbhp/Desktop/ubuntu-8.04.4-desktop-amd64.iso could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.
I had one successful download last year out of about 35 attempts. Download speed usually runs 180kb/s, but it does not finish. I've tried all times of day to see if server load was the problem, but always to no avail...

Anybody have a Hardy x64 disk that I can have (or buy)? PM me please.

Thanks.

SkullTraill
April 14th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Wouldn't you like a newer version?

Moozillaaa
April 14th, 2010, 07:20 AM
No. LTS only.

Moozillaaa
April 14th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Okay - I tried a trick that seems to help keep a classical station streaming well, without interruption: pinging the server in sync with the stream.

It worked, FIRST TIME.

Now, this is a networking question - HOW does this work?

oldos2er
April 14th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Use wget -c file iso, if you have a partial .iso you want to continue downloading.

Dayofswords
April 14th, 2010, 06:02 PM
you could try getting it via torrent

http://releases.ubuntu.com/8.04.4/ubuntu-8.04.4-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent

coffeecat
April 14th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Use wget -c file iso, if you have a partial .iso you want to continue downloading.

+1 and +1 more.

I've learnt always to do a wget -c when downloading ISOs. In case a telecoms engineer is poking around in a junction box somewhere and disconnects me.

Yes, it's happened.

Or BT has a fire and flood affecting one of the major hubs, taking out tens of thousands of households.

Yes, it's happened. :rolleyes: