PDA

View Full Version : What hand do you use?

Madspyman
April 14th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Just wondering what hand everyone uses to write/mouse with.

chessnerd
April 14th, 2010, 06:52 AM
This is an odd thing to wonder at 1:30 in the morning, but I'll tell you. I do just about everything with my right hand. Except type "stewardesses" as that job belongs exclusively to my left hand according to the Hand-Accord of 2010. This is why I can't learn Dvorak, as it would either break the treaty, or force me to type weirdly.

oldsoundguy
April 14th, 2010, 06:56 AM
I touch type .. both hands .. trackball on the right .. used by the right.

lisati
April 14th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Click and write with the right, use both for typing.

-jay-
April 14th, 2010, 07:05 AM
I write with my left hand and mouse with my right hand. :)

Madspyman
April 14th, 2010, 07:10 AM
I write/mouse with my left.

toupeiro
April 14th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I write with my left, mouse with my right.

I also play guitar right handed, but I throw with my left.

Things which are commonly right-handed, I've adapted to them right-handed, but if given a choice, its always left as thats what I am naturally. (However, I never could write right-handed..)

kellemes
April 14th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Everything right.
I sometimes wonder why I have a left arm at all, I can't do anything with it..
In the past I'd hold a beer in my right arm and a cigarette in the left, but since I quit smoking the left arm has nothing to do.

kostkon
April 14th, 2010, 08:18 AM
3rd option: I write with my left hand and mouse with my right hand.

LookTJ
April 14th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I write left and mouse right.

NightwishFan
April 14th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I am ambidextrous, but I use a mouse with right hand style buttons only with my left hand.

Khakilang
April 14th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I type with both hand and click the mouse with left hand.

markp1989
April 14th, 2010, 10:34 AM
im left handed for writing, use my right hand for everything else.

dgw
April 14th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I use both hands for the mouse. Whichever is more convenient, I use, so I tend to switch. I type with both hands, and I don't write with actuals pens/pencils very often, but am right-handed when I do.

Endomancer
April 14th, 2010, 12:07 PM
write right handed, type 2 handed using 3 fingers each, mouse with which ever hand is closest usually right, play bass right handed, play drums left handed

Frogs Hair
April 14th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Right, but I am an ambi pool player and guitar player.

undecim
April 14th, 2010, 05:15 PM
What if I don't use the mouse?

Madspyman
April 14th, 2010, 05:46 PM
What if I don't use the mouse?

What hand do you write with, and if you did use a mouse what hand would you use?

cph05a
April 14th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I write with my right hand, and mouse with my right, but if I have a laptop, I can use the trackpad with ether hand.

Madspyman
April 14th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I am ambidextrous, but I use a mouse with right hand style buttons only with my left hand.

I can write pretty well with my right hand, not as good as my left though. It feels like a useless talent, but it's cool for showing off.

gemmakaru
April 14th, 2010, 08:25 PM
At work I write with the right hand and mouse with the left hand. At home I mouse with the right hand. with my laptop I use the track pad with either hand and change whenever.
Though I would love to be able to have a mouse in each hand and do pinch zooming etc. rotation etc. yep two mice ftw.

sudoer541
April 14th, 2010, 09:19 PM
The majority of ppl are right handed.
One thing I heard, left handed ppl die couple years earlier than right handed ppl.
However, left handed ppl are better at sports than right handed ppl.

Madspyman
April 15th, 2010, 04:43 PM
One thing I heard, left handed ppl die couple years earlier than right handed ppl.

Hope thats not true. I wonder why handedness would have to do with that anyway?

Maheriano
April 15th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I'm a software developer for work and I also run my own software business in the evenings. I use a mouse for about 14 hours a day and it gave me troubles with my shoulder so at home I use my right hand and at work I use my left hand. This balances it out.

Anyone that comes by my desk at work to show me something are always crossing their arms trying to use the mouse and keyboard, it's funny.

Madspyman
April 16th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Anyone that comes by my desk at work to show me something are always crossing their arms trying to use the mouse and keyboard, it's funny.

I mouse with my left and that's what happens anytime any of my family tries to use my computer. Nobody ever thinks to move the mouse.

Maheriano
April 16th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I mouse with my left and that's what happens anytime any of my family tries to use my computer. Nobody ever thinks to move the mouse.

What really gets them is I don't switch the buttons on the mouse so I am right clicking with my index finger and left clicking with my middle finger. I don't know how my brain separates work and home but it does very easily.

Otis Spunkmiyer
April 16th, 2010, 08:01 PM
The poll is skewed ! (bias if you will)
Where's the choice for not using either hand ?
(because you don't have any)

forrestcupp
April 16th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Mouse? I have my computer hooked up wirelessly to a small helmet with electrodes that read my brain waves. Ever since I did that, my arm muscles have become atrophic. The same helmet controls a robot that lifts weights for me. :)

sandyd
April 16th, 2010, 08:10 PM
both. im ambidexteous.