PDA

View Full Version : Flush torrent client

arnab_das
April 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM
just read about it on OMG ubuntu.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/04/utorrent-for-linux-flush-ubuntu.html

anyone tried it yet? looks a bit like an amalgamation of deluge and utorrent.

lovinglinux
April 13th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks for sharing. It looks great. I'm definitely trying it soon.

IMO, deluge and ktorrent are the best clients. I used Deluge on Gnome and changed to Ktorrent since I started to use KDE. But recently, Ktorrent made some changes to the UI that I didn't like. Version 4 is looking very promising, with support for the new uTorrent protocol and magnet links. But who knows, this new Flush might be my next default torrent client.

BTW, I just saw it has been developed since January 2009 - http://sourceforge.net/projects/flush/files/

pjizz
April 14th, 2010, 08:07 AM
i too would like to know about this...it looks interesting, and i like the "move torrent and data" option, as i often download to a place that i don't want it and it's a hassle to close the torrent, move the data, and reopen the torrent with the correct pathname.

although, if it's nothing more than the option in deluge to "move completed torrents to X" then I'll stick with deluge

mkendall
April 14th, 2010, 10:06 AM
i too would like to know about this...it looks interesting, and i like the "move torrent and data" option, as i often download to a place that i don't want it and it's a hassle to close the torrent, move the data, and reopen the torrent with the correct pathname.

although, if it's nothing more than the option in deluge to "move completed torrents to X" then I'll stick with deluge

All you need to do is right click the torrent and choose "Move Storage".

lovinglinux
April 14th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I installed, but Ktorrent still rules.

arnab_das
April 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I installed, but Ktorrent still rules.

same thoughts here. deluge still wins for me. this one has a bit more cluttered menus and stuff. but yes, in time this could definitely be one of the preferred clients.

cguy
April 14th, 2010, 08:17 PM
How can you see the overall, all-time share ratio, gigabytes downloaded/uploaded in KTorrent 3.3.4?
Thanks.

lovinglinux
April 14th, 2010, 09:53 PM
How can you see the overall, all-time share ratio, gigabytes downloaded/uploaded in KTorrent 3.3.4?
Thanks.

I don't think it has such feature. I know Azureus does that, but I never saw a global history in Ktorrent.