PDA

View Full Version : so Adobe CS5 will export to html5. Are they killing their own flash plugin?

madjr
April 12th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Adobe is gearing up to release CS5 to the public, and during their presentation showed off a new tool that will export Flash animations into HTML5 Canvas.

Flash CS5 will allow for Flash developers to export their old and new animations directly into HTML5 Canvas code to paste onto their websites. This will enable users with HTML5 supported browsers to experience Flash animations without the need for Flash installed.

you can see the presentation:
http://www.neowin.net/news/flash-cs5-will-export-to-html5-canvas

it seems logical, since they do waster lots of time and resources trying to fix that plugin. it's Flash CS they sell.

i see them focusing more on adobe air dev.

sure html5 cant do everything flash does yet, so it will be quite a while till we dont need the flash plugin

maybe they might end opening it up and get integrated in every browser

ps: what other tools (open prefered) can be used to dev for html5 ?

Doctor Mike
April 12th, 2010, 11:45 PM
you can see the presentation:
http://www.neowin.net/news/flash-cs5-will-export-to-html5-canvas

it seems logical, since they do waster lots of time and resources trying to fix that plugin. it's Flash CS they sell.

i see them focusing more on adobe air dev.

sure html5 cant do everything flash does yet, so it will be quite a while till we dont need the flash plugin

maybe they might end opening it up and get integrated in every browser

ps: what other tools (open prefered) can be used to dev for html5 ?With respect to Adobe I don't think their approach to popular consumption has been their focal point. They have been a trend setter and sell exceptional tools. I think they endeavour to be the best and not sell to the rest. But mass consumption (like the first flash competition - south park won, historical... but I was there, not with south park...) They may be rethinking their value in a mass media market. More is better like when they introduced flash... Just my thoughts...:)

madjr
April 13th, 2010, 09:45 AM
With respect to Adobe I don't think their approach to popular consumption has been their focal point. They have been a trend setter and sell exceptional tools. I think they endeavour to be the best and not sell to the rest. But mass consumption (like the first flash competition - south park won, historical... but I was there, not with south park...) They may be rethinking their value in a mass media market. More is better like when they introduced flash... Just my thoughts...:)

south park :confused:

purgatori
April 13th, 2010, 12:35 PM
With respect to Adobe I don't think their approach to popular consumption has been their focal point. They have been a trend setter and sell exceptional tools. I think they endeavour to be the best and not sell to the rest. But mass consumption (like the first flash competition - south park won, historical... but I was there, not with south park...) They may be rethinking their value in a mass media market. More is better like when they introduced flash... Just my thoughts...:)

There's a piece of that story missing, called 'Macromedia.'

frup
April 13th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I see it as keeping with the times. If Adobe actually seizes this opportunity fully, it is truly worth commending them.

The value in flash for adobe is not the player, but the creator. Developers pay adobe for flash. The plug in merely allows every user to use the developers products and locks out anyone else.

Adobe flash exporting to HTML5 will make the market more competitive as Adobe will have to compete with everyone else. However, it will also make HTML5 better. HTML5 is already than flash, it just doesn't have the support of thousands of frameworks that the developers can use to make their ideas.

Doctor Mike
April 13th, 2010, 02:15 PM
There's a piece of that story missing, called 'Macromedia.'Your right. I stand corrected. Seems my cpu has a memory leak:confused:

Tibuda
April 13th, 2010, 02:55 PM
They get money from the Flash creator not from the plugin.

madjr
April 13th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I see it as keeping with the times. If Adobe actually seizes this opportunity fully, it is truly worth commending them.

The value in flash for adobe is not the player, but the creator. Developers pay adobe for flash. The plug in merely allows every user to use the developers products and locks out anyone else.

Adobe flash exporting to HTML5 will make the market more competitive as Adobe will have to compete with everyone else. However, it will also make HTML5 better. HTML5 is already than flash, it just doesn't have the support of thousands of frameworks that the developers can use to make their ideas.

ok so anyone has a recommendation of a program that can export to html5?