PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to set date format

seadart
April 12th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I have a problem with the date format. In the panel at top right it is in the American format Month Day Year but does at least show the month as Apr so you know it is back-to-front.
In File Manager it again shows the month as Apr AND it has it the right way round - Day Month Year.
In F-Spot it shows a photo date as 2/23/2008 - back-to-front AND the month in numbers!!!!
Where can I find a tool to set the date format like the regional settings of windows - and get it all the same!

I only loaded Ubuntu this morning and my head is begining to ache sorting it all out!
The wireless internet connection came in easily. The printer - wireless - came in easily - but the date - should be easy, is impossible!!!
I loaded the system with region set as Amsterdam so it should have picked up the Day Month Year format but I cannot find where I set Amsterdam, Timbucktoo or anywhere else - the date is probably in there.

chris.dart@planet.nl

ajgreeny
April 12th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Have a look at System ->Administration ->Time and date to see what location is set in that. It sounds as if it should be right, but is worth checking.