PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04: White screen on bootup after update

Extinction
April 12th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Hi,
I'm noot sure, wether this is the correct forum to ask about 10.04 issues, but I'll just ask. :)
I updated Lucid Lynx Beta2 yesterday for the first time after installing it on thursday and there were like 180 updates.
After reboot the screen just turns white during bootup. At first, there is the downslas on a black screen, and then the screen turns white.
I'm having something like a dual boot with encrypted WinXP, but Lucid just overwrote the Truecrypt loader and I got to boot using the Rescue Disc to get into windows. This actually is no problem, the point is, that Lucid now thinks it is a single boot system and grub does not show up, which might be of interest at this issue.

Any ideas how to fix this?
If you need any Hardware details, just ask.

Many thanks in advance,
Extinction

Extinction
April 13th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Just bumping this thread because I circled the problem.
I've got a eCuve II external eSATA Raid (http://www.one-technologies-shop.com/shop/article_18534/ONE-eCube-II-RAID-Leergeh%C3%A4use.html?shop_param=cid%3D13%26aid%3D 18534%26). There is also a usb-connector and I accidentally had the usb, not the eSATA port connected to my PC. It worked.
With usb or without the Rack at all the system is booting up.

So somehow the most up-to-date versions of Lucid seem to get confused by eSATA drives on bootup. :(