PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can't install pixfrogger on 9.10 64 bit?

ingramproductions
April 12th, 2010, 03:11 AM
When I try to install pixfrogger:

sudo apt-get install pixfrogger
It does not install, and I get this returned to me:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
pixfrogger: Depends: fenix but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

I don't find 'fenix' in the synaptic package manager.

Any ideas on how to get this running?

ingramproductions
April 14th, 2010, 10:01 PM
It must not be anything specific to my laptop with ubuntu 9.10 64 bit, because I just tried to install it the same way on my system at work (which has the exact same os), and I got the same results.

PGScooter
June 13th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I have the exact same problem, except on 10.04 64-bit.

PGScooter
June 13th, 2010, 08:35 AM
I downloaded the fenix 64 deb from here:
http://mirror.ne.gov/ubuntu/pool/universe/f/fenix/fenix_0.92a.dfsg1-3ubuntu2_amd64.deb
and installed it

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

the game is not very fun though :(

ingramproductions
December 19th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks PGScooter, I got it installed by downloading the fenix package from that link. It's not fun if you play by yourself, but if you play with 3 friends, it gets very fun and competitive!

PGScooter
December 20th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks PGScooter, I got it installed by downloading the fenix package from that link. It's not fun if you play by yourself, but if you play with 3 friends, it gets very fun and competitive!

ok, I'll keep that in mind and give it another shot someday. Thanks for the tip.

cesera
August 4th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Still the same problem in 11.04 amd64. Downloading the external library now, but why is that not in the repository?

PGScooter
August 4th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Still the same problem in 11.04 amd64. Downloading the external library now, but why is that not in the repository?

I agree; it should be. If you have time, could you file a bug report? I don't have time now and I'm sure I'll forget when I do have time.

MAFoElffen
August 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I agree; it should be. If you have time, could you file a bug report? I don't have time now and I'm sure I'll forget when I do have time.
I had the same problem on this game wirh 9.04 thru 11.10. But I have 6 other boxes here that it installed yo with no problems.

I figure that it wasn't somethng missing... but rather something that was already installed that conflicts with fenix of the the pixfrogger package. After I got it installed for my fiance and others... (IMO) I saw it wasn't worth getting it going on mine.

Installs fine on a fresh install though, with no problems.

PGScooter
August 5th, 2011, 03:59 AM
There is a bug posted:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pixfrogger/+bug/484089

If you have 10 seconds, go there and click "this bug also affects me". You have to have a launchpad account and sign in. It's very easy to create one if you don't already have one.

ingramproductions
August 17th, 2011, 05:29 AM
sure

uRock
August 17th, 2011, 05:31 AM
ubuntu 9.10 is no longer supported.