PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at black screen while attempting to install Netbook remix

Maxszy
April 11th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Hey all,

So I am stuck at a black screen when attempting to start the install of the latest (I believe, 9.10) Ubuntu Netbook Remix.

I am attempting to install via a USB Thumbdrive to a Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

I've changed the boot order, the Ubuntu menu comes up fine with the varying options "Try Ubuntu", "Intall Ubuntu Netbook Remix" and so forth. I select the "Install Ubuntu Netbook Remix" option and that's where the problems start. At first it goes to glowing Ubuntu logo in the middle of the screen and it looks as if it is starting to work. However after probably about 5 seconds, the glowing Ubuntu logo goes away and I am left with just a black (but powered on) screen. I've let it sit upwards of 20 minutes and it just stays like that.

The blue light on my USB Thumbdrive continues to stay lit throughout the whole process so I don't think that has lost power or sync.

I'm not too familiar with Ubuntu but I would appreciate any help that one could give! Really need to get Ubuntu back on my Netbook!

Thanks so much in advance! If there's any more information you need, don't hesitate to ask for it! :-)