PDA

View Full Version : I Have An Idea

note32
April 11th, 2010, 10:16 PM
so i was listening to music with rhythmbox and i was jiggling my rhythmbox with wobblie screens what if! just what if rhythmbox could jiggle itself to the beat and rhythm of the music that is playing i think that it would be awesome :lolflag:

EarthMind
April 11th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Awesome but resource intensive :)

I think it'd be nice to try out though :)

new_tolinux
April 11th, 2010, 10:46 PM
What if..... it seems to me as some "feature" like all those "features" Windows Media Player comes with.......

What if..... that's the reason I still prefer WinAmp 2.9 in Windows. ;)

Edit: no offense meant.... But I like programs to be simple and light (as in not resource intensive and without much never-to-be-used-"features").

note32
April 11th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Awesome but resource intensive :)

I think it'd be nice to try out though :)

yea but seeing rhythm box jiggle to my tunes is priceless:mrgreen:

note32
April 11th, 2010, 10:54 PM
What if..... it seems to me as some "feature" like all those "features" Windows Media Player comes with.......

What if..... that's the reason I still prefer WinAmp 2.9 in Windows. ;)

Edit: no offense meant.... But I like programs to be simple and light (as in not resource intensive and without much never-to-be-used-"features").

understandable it would be as an option but not by default personally i wouldn't even use all the time but i just think that i would be cool to show off you know what i mean?

renkinjutsu
April 11th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Or have 3D models dancing on your screen and their dancing style changes from hip hop to pop depending on the song?

this is starting to get crazy :P

new_tolinux
April 11th, 2010, 11:04 PM
understandable it would be as an option but not by default personally i wouldn't even use all the time but i just think that i would be cool to show off you know what i mean?
If.... (and only then)....
- it is stable and bug-free
- it is easy-to-use (out-of-the-box, no difficult config-files
- it isn't so resource intensive that it only runs nice on the newest hardware around
- it looks awesome

Then it is a great way to promote Linux. No offense to any stylist, but the "brown/orange" Ubuntu-theme wasn't as eye-catching as it should be. People want eye-catchers. If it looks awesome, I'm sure that it will attract many "default" Windows-users (the "surfing", "emailing", "watching movies", "listening music"-type). Ofcourse..... only an awesome musicplayer won't do the trick on itself ;)

note32
April 11th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Or have 3D models dancing on your screen and their dancing style changes from hip hop to pop depending on the song?

this is starting to get crazy :P

that would be cool too

tica vun
April 11th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Wouldn't care for it, my rhythmbox is minimised to the notification tray most of the time.

note32
April 11th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Wouldn't care for it, my rhythmbox is minimised to the notification tray most of the time.

same here, doesn't mean it wouldn't be a cool feature

Endomancer
April 11th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Maybe something like CompizConfig Settings Manager but with audio activated effects.

Water effect would be cool triggered by a kick drum for example (unless like me you like fast heavy music, then the screen is going to be a mess)