PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help on apt-get error

cripperz
April 11th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Hi All,

i am having this problem constantly ... cant seem to get it off even after doing apt-get upgrade and so on. I am using ubuntu 8.04 LTS. please help. i even did a dpkg-reconfigure and apt-get install -f ...doesnt work

Errors were encountered while processing:
samba-common
smbfs
freenx-media
freenx
clamav-base
clamav-freshclam
clamav
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

mac9416
April 11th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Hi there,

Could you post everything, including the command? Also, you might want to try an apt-get update (which updates lists of available packages) rather than apt-get upgrade (which upgrades actual packages).

cripperz
April 11th, 2010, 07:34 PM
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `lsof' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

i have been getting this as well ...there is whole list of it...

cripperz
April 11th, 2010, 07:36 PM
it starts to happen when i accidentally delete off the whole list of package in /var/cache/apt/archives or something. is there anyways i can reverse this or fix it ?

mac9416
April 11th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Well, /var/cache/apt/archives is where downloaded package files are kept. It shouldn't matter if you clean that out. As a matter of fact, some folks periodically do that with 'apt-get clean' to save disk space.

Perhaps you deleted the files in /var/lib/apt/lists? In that case, a simple 'apt-get update' should solve it.

cripperz
April 11th, 2010, 07:43 PM
did some search, i am having the similar problem that is in the last post of this topic http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-922764.html