PDA

View Full Version : White screen on first login

FREEZX
April 11th, 2010, 01:28 PM
After the recent open source ati drivers update, when i try to login to my user after the welcome sound, i just see a blank white screen. when i hit ctrl+alt+backspace the white screen disappears and i see a glimpse of my desktop. When i try to login for the second time, it logs in successfully. I have an ATI 9600 with the newest 6.13 open source drivers and have the newest Compiz installed. After searching for the problem i found out many users have the white screen problem, but their problem doesn't fix after restarting the X server. It's not a serious issue, but it gets kind of annoying having to restart x every time you want to login. Any suggestions on why this is happening and how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

FREEZX
April 11th, 2010, 10:53 PM
nvm just reinstalled the drivers and the mesa stuff now everything's fine

FREEZX
April 12th, 2010, 08:43 AM
...or not. I just thought so because i was logging in in the failsafe gnome, but the problem still persists when i login in the gnome session. compiz seems to be working on the white screen. when i hit ctrl+alt+right key the box seems to be rotating, but its like every desktop is white. Forgot to mention i can see the mouse pointer as it should be. will be grateful if anyone could help *bump*

FREEZX
April 17th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Anyone?? Suggestions?? how can i see what's causing the problem??

FREEZX
April 30th, 2010, 09:19 AM
...ALSO when i run UT2004 using xinit i have rendering issues. The HUD appears and disappears