PDA

View Full Version : I Got This Weird Dream

Khakilang
April 11th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I had a dream about my ex-mother in law. In my dream she wave at me and all of a sudden I heard a car crash and I saw my ex-wife and her husband examine their car it was than that I woke up.

So I told this to my brother what happen in my dream and he ask me what is the car number so we can bet on the number on our local Lucky draw. So I call up my daughter to ask for her stepfather's car number and you know what. She text me and say that my ex-mother in law has just pass away that morning.

There is a chill going up my spine. Did she come to me and say goodbye? Anyone had any weird experience to share with us?:confused::confused::confused:

gemmakaru
April 11th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Actually yeah. I had a dream in which my grandmother just appeared and smiled at me and nodded like a goodbye. The following morning my Mum rang me to say she had died in the night. About 8 years later my cousin told me the same story but i hadn't told her mine.

The Real Dave
April 11th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I dreamt that a friend of mine lost his favourite watch when he was out on his boat, that it fell into the water like. I then dreamt that it was under my bed.

I woke up, and there it was, with his engraving on the back.

I didn't give it back to him, because I didn't want to try to explain. It terrified me :(

cascade9
April 11th, 2010, 10:25 AM
@ Dave- give it back! You dont have to tell him how you found it ;)

So I told this to my brother what happen in my dream and he ask me what is the car number so we can bet on the number on our local Lucky draw.

Buy the ticket. ;)

There is a chill going up my spine. Did she come to me and say goodbye? Anyone had any weird experience to share with us?:confused::confused::confused:

Umm...I've had lots of weird things happen, but I'm not sure that this is the best palce to say much about them....

The Real Dave
April 11th, 2010, 11:18 AM

How am I supposed to explain though? Hey, I was doing some snorkling the other day, and look what I found! ;)

handy
April 11th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I have had very strong dreams after people have died.

One where we were really happy to see each other & could hug & express our heart feelings fully.

Another was with my late father in law; a very educational dream, which helped my wife to deal with the loss of her father somewhat.

From my experience there are multiple levels of dreams. I have had dreams that have taught me more than all of the books on the planet could, due to the experiential nature of dreams, the feelings & energy that we can experience through different centres in our body.

Wonderful stuff. :)

chappajar
April 11th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Actually yeah. I had a dream in which my grandmother just appeared and smiled at me and nodded like a goodbye. The following morning my Mum rang me to say she had died in the night. About 8 years later my cousin told me the same story but i hadn't told her mine.

That's straight out of an old M*A*S*H episode...

quinnten83
April 11th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I have had very strong dreams after people have died.

One where we were really happy to see each other & could hug & express our heart feelings fully.

Another was with my late father in law; a very educational dream, which helped my wife to deal with the loss of her father somewhat.

From my experience there are multiple levels of dreams. I have had dreams that have taught me more than all of the books on the planet could, due to the experiential nature of dreams, the feelings & energy that we can experience through different centres in our body.

Wonderful stuff. :)

My Mom was sick, but not so sick that we thought she was going to die. But the night before she passed away, I was so nervous and scared and panicked. Then the next morning the phone call came. I kinda knew the night before already. The thing is, 4 months earlier, we lost 2 of her brothers, very dear and close to the family, within week and a half of each other, the one died of cancer and the other had a heart-atack. And ever since that day, I kept feeling like one more person was going to die. The moment I got the news about my mom. That feeling I had, disappeared.
The night before her funeral, I felt her visit me. I was sitting behind the computer, at 3.a.m. in the morning, writing an email (in tears), and feeling of warmth and light came over me. I felt like there were 2 presences. One was my Mom. I would like to think the other was an angel.
It was very comforting. I remember asking her to go to my dad, because he was really hurting. In conversation during the day, my dad said he woke up feeling so much better during the morning, although, he lost that feeling during the day. Make of this what you will, I chose the belief in the beauty of the afterlife.

And then, I had three of the dreams you describe. I don't remember the content, but it was unlike any dream I have had before. Things were not fluid like in other dreams, everything was stable and logical. I would meet up with my mom, and we would talk. I would wake up, never remembering what was said in the dream, but I would remember the feelings and emotions. It actually helped me deal a lot with her death.

I sometimes still feel her around me. I am grateful for those moments, although I don't try to do anything with these feelings and sensations.

quinnten83
April 11th, 2010, 02:25 PM
That's straight out of an old M*A*S*H episode...

Maybe it's more common than we know.

cascade9
April 11th, 2010, 02:45 PM
How am I supposed to explain though? Hey, I was doing some snorkling the other day, and look what I found! ;)

I'm willing to bet that he hasnt lost it on a boat. ;)

Khakilang
April 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM

Ya! Dave give it back and say that you found it under his couch or something.

Buy the ticket. ;)

Bought it but didn't strike. I guess she just want to say good bye for the last time.

Frogs Hair
April 11th, 2010, 03:17 PM
This was not a dream , but last week in Math Lab a man sat down across from me and I looked up at him and a voice in my head said " He has cancer." I dismissed this thought
and he was confronted by an instructor about missing classes , stating " I realize you have cancer , but may have to put collage on hold until your healthy. "

I had never seen this man and had no obvious way of knowing of his condition . After the instructor left we made eye contact and he quickly moved to another table.

Thank You for the thread !

rottentree
April 11th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Buy the ticket. ;)

Bought it but didn't strike. I guess she just want to say good bye for the last time.

Dude you seriously thought that your ex-mother-in-law appeared in your dream to tell you the lottery numbers? :|
Yeah I can imagine that: "Farewell my dear I have to go my time is over and uh by the way while trying to contact you I have accidently seen the lottery numbers. Now go and win phat loot!"

cascade9
April 11th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Dude you seriously thought that your ex-mother-in-law appeared in your dream to tell you the lottery numbers? :|
Yeah I can imagine that: "Farewell my dear I have to go my time is over and uh by the way while trying to contact you I have accidently seen the lottery numbers. Now go and win phat loot!"

Stranger things have happened. ;)

Its not a bad bet to take, if you dont win anything, you've only lost a few dollars (or ringgit or whatever).

Doctor Mike
April 11th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I've had a few experiences like that. The worst one was a terrifying dream where I witnessed the murder of an old woman. I was so disturbed by the dream that I felt I needed to talk to someone, so I went over to my parents house.

I told them that even though I know what I was saying sounds crazy I was sure that an old woman had been murdered the night before. My father shocked me, being a very conservative man, when he told me he was sure my dream was real and that there was a history of such experiences in my family. A day later an old woman was found in her apartment the apparent victim of robbery and murder. I felt very ill, but life manged to go on.

About two weeks later I received a phone call from the RCMP. The officer asked me to come downstairs (I lived in the upper half of a house) to find them parked in the driveway. They asked me to get in (they had some questions to ask). They started asking me odd question about where I had been on particular dates and who was with me at the time. I asked them what this was all about, but they ignored me and continued to ask odd questions. Finally I asked them if this was about my dream and of course they asked me what dream. I told them about my dream of an old woman being murdered. They looked at each other and then at me. The expressions on their faces were very different from when they first asked me get in the car. I suddenly got the terrified notion that they were investigating me. I began to babel and said something like, 'you can't believe that I had something to do with that old womans murder, I'm not a violent person'. They didn't give any direct answers to my questions, but only said it was a serious matter. So I tried to calm down a bit and answer they're questions. Then the second office who had not said much started asking details about my dream. I told them how it was like watching the victim and being the victim at the same time, but I was not able to give any description of the murderer outside my firm belief that he was a young man.

When they told me they had no more questions I asked again if this was about the old woman who had been murdered. They finally said it was about a murder. I asked or implored or what have you, that they didn't believe I could have anything to do with such a thing. They only told me that they would be in contact with, but I could go 'for now'.

It wasn't until about two or three weeks later that they arrested a young man who was a casual friend of mine. He had been trying to use me as an alibi which had led the officers to question me.

The officers did contact me again (by phone) and asked many more questions about my dream. In particular the end of the dream when I woke in a cold sweat, "do you know what time that was"? I did and told them that I woke up staring at my alarm clock in shock, the led display was burned into my memory (7:05 pm). I found out a couple of years later that the investigators were having trouble establishing a time-line for the death of the old woman because the body was not found right away. They had used the information about when I woke from the dream as the hypothetical time of the murder.

Some people might see these kinds of experiences as novel or interesting, but I don't believe I could ever see it that way. I've only given an account here because I don't simply believe that such things occur I know they do.

rottentree
April 11th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Stranger things have happened. ;)

Its not a bad bet to take, if you dont win anything, you've only lost a few dollars (or ringgit or whatever).

I assume you play lottery every time you can because if you lose you only lose a few dollars ? ;)

I just really don't see the connection between a dream about a (recently deceased) relative and a car which makes people think they should play it's number.
What's next dreaming about sister's wifi router and asking it's mac address to play it ?

cascade9
April 11th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I assume you play lottery every time you can because if you lose you only lose a few dollars ? ;)

I _never_ play the lottery. Or make any bets, apart from the ones I know I can win, for example I've made a small fortune out of drinking 50/50 whiskey/tabasco mixes- "there is no way you can drink that" :lolflag:

I just really don't see the connection between a dream about a (recently deceased) relative and a car which makes people think they should play it's number.
What's next dreaming about sister's wifi router and asking it's mac address to play it ?

There probably isnt much conenction, but its not really that big an issue. I used to live in asia, and I've expereinced this sort of thing before- a friend of mine was once nearly run down by a bus, and about a hour later we ran into his mum. He told her about it, and her reaction was 'what was the number? It would be a lucky number!' and becoming quite pissed off that he couldnt remember any of the numbers from the bus.

rottentree
April 11th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I _never_ play the lottery. Or make any bets, apart from the ones I know I can win, for example I've made a small fortune out of drinking 50/50 whiskey/tabasco mixes- "there is no way you can drink that" :lolflag:

Look there goes the man who drinks whiskey-tabasco mixes :D
But you see that's actually clever I mean betting on things you know you win.

There probably isnt much conenction, but its not really that big an issue. I used to live in asia, and I've expereinced this sort of thing before- a friend of mine was once nearly run down by a bus, and about a hour later we ran into his mum. He told her about it, and her reaction was 'what was the number? It would be a lucky number!' and becoming quite pissed off that he couldnt remember any of the numbers from the bus.

You know what's even luckier than nearly getting run down by a bus? Being in a situation where a bus isn't trying to run you down! I think I'm going to write a list of all the buses which are not even trying to run me down while I'm waiting at the bus stop. Maybe I will win!

Now seriously I would have been disgusted if my mother acted like that.

handy
April 12th, 2010, 01:19 AM
We are all connected. Our Western religions teach us that we are separated. Our Western & some Eastern societies teach us the same thing, through our education & mass media. There isn't much money/power in inclusion. Separation, competition & fear are all great for mind control & amassing wealth & power.

Dreams, & other forms of knowing about the future/past & other places, have been experimented with & have been described scientifically by the quantum zero point field.

A great book for the layman is called "The Field" by Lynne McTaggart. The book gives a history of the Quantum physics from the beginning up until not too long ago. It is incredibly interesting.

Some of the U.S. history recounted, regarding C.I.A. sponsored remote viewing & the effects that this had on the Reagan administration are also incredibly interesting.

Khakilang
April 12th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Yeah! I don't know whether the dream can predict the future or not but over here in Asia they say that the spirit of the departed do visit the living and since I can't see her as in physical form she appear in my dream. She can't speak only some hand gesture and by making an accident it prompt me to call some one which is my daughter who is staying with my ex-wife. That is one way the departed can deliver the message.

NightwishFan
April 12th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Every time I see a post by Koh Kook Loon, it is always worth the read. :) Personally I have never had strange coincidences or encounters in dreams. That is not from lack of belief, I am always on the lookout for something strange to make my day interesting.

the yawner
April 12th, 2010, 06:38 AM
I love lucid dreaming. Especially those odd flight dreams I'd have from time to time.

But for dreams regarding people, I've had ones where I'd find myself in a certain scenario with this girl whom in reality I've considered as just an acquaintance. Maybe the dreams pushed me into it, or maybe it's just my subconscious , but girl and me eventually became romantically involved. Pity it had to end.